Sylvestro Funari birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Sylvestro Funari birth

Post by oilman19 »

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/funarisyl ... th186.jpg/
http://img137.imageshack.us/i/funarisyl ... th186.jpg/

I have this (poor image) birth record for Sylvestro Funari of Nicola on 12(?) Jan 1868. I cannot make out the mother's name if it is there.

The annotation seems to indicate that on 10 Oct 1879, Nicola's marriage to Lucia Iannotta legitimized this birth. If I am correct, can I assume that Lucia is Sylvestro's natural mother?

I have a Lucia Iannotta of Michele born 6 Dec 1853 in my family tree. She would have been barely 14 years old at the time of birth. Could this be her?

Note: I had to scan the image twice because (on left side pages) the scanner cannot focus the whole document. I am left with focusing the left side or the right side of the document and then focusing the other side.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Sylvestro Funari birth

Post by liviomoreno »

Duplicate...
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Silvestro Funari was born January 11 1868, to Nicola, aged 29, son of Silvestro and to a woman that dos not allow to be nominated (che non consente di essere nominata)

The annotation states that Nicola Funari and Lucia Iannotta got married on October 11 1879 and they recognized Silvestro as their legitimate son. I believe that you can legitimately say that Lucia was the natural mother.

You need to find Nicola's and Lucia's marriage record to be sure about the Lucia born in Dec 6 1853.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

That is a big help. I wish I had a better image of this document.
I believe I have the film from 1879 to clarify that marriage. I will check it Tuesday.

Thank you very much.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Martin81

Post by Martin81 »

Nicola Funari and Lucia Iannotta were the parents of my great-grandfather, Nicola, born May 21 1864.