e-mail from cousin

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

e-mail from cousin

Postby LKate » 23 Dec 2010, 22:01

Hello,
Would someone please translate the e-mail below from my cousin in Italy? Thank you.
Laura

mi sembra ieri che ci siamo conosciuti e siete stati qui in Italia invece è già passato più di un anno!
Però vi penso spesso con tanta simpatia e spero che ci sarà ancora occasione di vederci.Tanti auguri di Buon Natale a voi e alla vostra famiglia, anche da parete di Paolo e Maria Rosa.
Un abbraccio.
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: e-mail from cousin

Postby maestra36 » 24 Dec 2010, 01:39

This is what I believe the email is saying:

It seems to me (i.e, if my memory serves me correctly) that it was only yesterday that we met and that you were here in Italy. Instead more than a year has already passed. But I think about you often with so much pleasure and hope that there will be yet another occasion to see each other. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your family, also from (parete?)* of Paul and Maria Rosa.
A hug.

* I am thinking there might be a typo in the email and that the word parete (which means "wall") should be parente which means "relatives," which would make sense to me. If it is not a typo, then I really don't know what that part of the email is trying to communicate.

Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 24 Dec 2010, 07:17

A slight correction...

"mi sembra ieri che ci siamo conosciuti e siete stati qui in Italia invece è già passato più di un anno!" = "I feel as if it was yesterday when we met and you were here in Italy but actually more than one year has passed"

the typo should be corrected in: "anche da parte di Paolo e Maria Rosa." = "also from Paul and Maria Rosa"
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 24 Dec 2010, 10:29

Grazie, Livio.
maestra36
Master
Master

Postby LKate » 24 Dec 2010, 20:51

Thanks to both of you for your help with the exact translation. I appreciate it very much. Happy holidays!
LKate
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations