groom's parent's names

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

groom's parent's names

Post by oilman19 »

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6790 ... marr19.jpg

Is it likely that the groom's father's given name is Prisco?
Also, what is his mother's name-Rosalia Adorno?

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: groom's parent's names

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

I think mother's surname is Adamo.

And father sure looks like Prisco to me, too :-)

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you T. :)

My question was more directed towards the likelihood that Prisco would be his given name. He was also from Prisco. I had never seen that circumstance before.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

oilman19 wrote:Thank you T. :)

My question was more directed towards the likelihood that Prisco would be his given name. He was also from Prisco. I had never seen that circumstance before.
Yes, I understood that you were asking if his first name was Prisco. I would suspect that was the case. The patron saint of San Prisco is St. Prisco. Often in comuni you will find MANY children named after the patron saint... :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

From this site...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... aming.html

People are individuals so you will find couples who were very respectful of their Italian Tradition yet still felt compelled to exercise their own free will. Therefore, you will find families that followed no specific pattern in naming their children, sometimes naming the children after the patron saint of the day, patron saint of the town or what they felt right to do at the time.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Just looked at births in San Prisco in 1906...

Prisco and Priscantonio among the given names in the index. :-)

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

That does make sense to me now. At first glance, it just didn't look right. Another view is very helpful.

Thank you :)
Jim