Translation of ltr from Comune

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Translation of ltr from Comune

Post by sforza »

Below is the response I received from the city of Bari to my request for citizenship papers of my father's GGF. The gist is, I think, that they can't verify the citizenship of my ancestor since their records only go to 1927. Can someone help with a more complete translation so I can determine next steps with the Bari gov't?
"Con riferimento alla Vs. richiesta di cui all'oggetto, dopo aver proceduto con analitica verifica, si comunica di no aver reperito ne la scheda di famiglia, ne quella individuale intestata tanto al Sig. Sforza Giacomo, quanto al Sig. Sforza Beniamino. Al riguardo, si fa rilevare che la mancata reperibilita degli atti di cui sopra, e giustificata dal notevole arco temporale trascorso dalla data di nascita del Sig. Sforza e la formazione del Pubblico Registro della Popolazione del Comune di Bari anno 1927. Pertanto, non e possible riscontrare la richiesta di che trattasi."
Many thanks in advance.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translation of ltr from Comune

Post by liviomoreno »

With reference to your subject request we notify that, after a deep check we could not find a Family sheet nor an Individual sheet for Giacomo and for Beniamino Sforza. The lack of documentation found is justified because of the time passed since their birth and the creation of the population register in Bari that happened in 1927. Therefore we cannot fulfill your request.
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation of ltr from Comune

Post by sforza »

Thanks, Livio.