Atti Di Nascita

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Re: Atti Di Nascita

Post by Sirena »

I'm having a difficult time reading the names....her father was 47 -- to me it looks like his name might be Antonio De Marco and her mother was Maria ??. She was born at 10:00.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I do see Antonio de Marco age(?) and wife Maria Mazzie? had feminine baby named Giuseppa.
I'm afraid I can't read any of the marriage annotation.

If this is on Ancestry, give me a link and I will be able to look at the document.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Copy the url link and paste it to the forum. Those of us who subscribe to Ancestry will then be able to look at a better imege for you.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

oilman19; this is it. My grandmothers info is the top of page, left side. Thanks again. senior

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=Vi ... pid=212495
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

senior
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Sirena is correct.

The mother is Maria Mazza.

The marriage annotation on the left indicates Giuseppa married _______? Cataldo on 8 May 1911.

Ancestry kicked me off the link for maintenance while I was trying to figure out the groom's given name. I had not copied it to my computer. Sorry.
I'm sure someone else may be able to look at it when Ancestry comes back on line.

Good luck.
Jim

senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

Thanks for all your work. There is a name on the next line(continued). I know from family papers that her mothers name was Maria Mazzarella. All of her children (my mother) had the last name of DellaMorte. So Cataldo could be her first husband?? Thanks again.
senior
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I am sorry. I completely missed the continuation of that surname on the next line. :oops:
Jim

senior
Rookie
Rookie

Post by senior »

In the left column I believe the last three words are della Mote Cataldo. DellaMorte is the family surname. I have found (in researching these documents) that some officials place the last name first, and first name last. I believe that is the case here. While I can't translate the rest of it, I believe the name is Cataldo della Morte. Any views on this??? :?: :?: :?:
senior
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I had trouble reading della Morte. That was when Ancestry kicked me off. You are correct.
You now have the complete marriage annotation.
Jim