Translation needed please!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Translation needed please!

Post by bkworm10 »

Hi, I've attached the beginning of a 10 page document from the processetti of my g-g-grandparents. Would anybody be able to help me translate this?

I will send the rest as I photoshop and upload them

Thanks! A.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation needed please!

Post by bkworm10 »

This is the processetti of the marriage of Francesco Laraia and Maria Filippo. I have no idea what this first page is. I can make out some names though - Giuseppe Laraia, son of Rocco, I believe. Is Francesco's mother listed? Thanks, A.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Copy your files to imageshack.com and use the direct link and paste it back to here
Marty A
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

This is a copy of Francesco's birth act, needed for the marriage.

Francesco Laraia born 3 February 1838 (?) to
Giuseppe Laraia, son of Rocco, age 50, peasant farmer;
and to Rosa (?) Canaio, age 40, at the house they live in.
Looks like he may have been born at noon.

T.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

T. - thanks so much! That's exactly what I was hoping it would be and say. I suspected the mother was Rosa Canuso and you confirmed it. So is Rocco 50 or Giuseppe, the father 50? I also have Maria Filippo's birth act too, included in those documents, so I wonder what the other 8 pages are? I will upload them soon.

There are 1.5 more pages to this birth act. I just showed you page 1. I wonder what else could there be on the remaining 1.5 pages. I will upload in a few minutes.

Thanks, A.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

adelfio wrote:Copy your files to imageshack.com and use the direct link and paste it back to here
Marty A
Thanks Marty - I've tried imageshack in the past and was unable to get a clear, readable copy. Were you not able to read it as an attachment here? Is there an advantage to using imageshack?

Thanks, A.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes you can zoom it on it and make it bigger look on your private message
Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

bkworm10 wrote:T. - thanks so much! That's exactly what I was hoping it would be and say. I suspected the mother was Rosa Canuso and you confirmed it. So is Rocco 50 or Giuseppe, the father 50? I also have Maria Filippo's birth act too, included in those documents, so I wonder what the other 8 pages are? I will upload them soon.

There are 1.5 more pages to this birth act. I just showed you page 1. I wonder what else could there be on the remaining 1.5 pages. I will upload in a few minutes.

Thanks, A.
Giuseppe is 50...

T.