pages 2 and 3 of processetti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

pages 2 and 3 of processetti

Post by bkworm10 »

Hi, attached are pages 2 and 3 of the birth act of Francesco Laraia, as part of his processetti file. I can't imagine what these additional 2 pages say? I'm hoping it lists Rosa Canuso's parents. Thanks, A.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Re: pages 2 and 3 of processetti

Post by bkworm10 »

LF3.jpg is page 2 and LF4.jpg is page 3. T. already translated page 1.

Thanks, A.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

LF3.jpg

this is a baptism record for Francesco Laraia (the part of the page below the first signature)
baptized Feb 4, 1838 in the parish of San Nicola-
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thank you Peg. Later in the processetti file, it appears that I have the birth act and baptism of his wife too. They are on forms so easier to interpret. Does the baptism give any additional information from the birth act, other than the church and date of baptism?

Thanks! A.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

LF4.jpg

The present copy conforms to the original and is an extract written on free paper (free paper was unstamped paper, but paper which still met the requirements of the civil code and which was accepted for administrative and legal purposes).

dated in Accettura Aug 30, 1872
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

baptism record-there's nothing additional of importance in the record. It was inserted in the volume of documents on page 11.

with the processetti, you get all of these additional records which are extracts of the original records-copies that were needed to be presented for the marriage

I think that's all you need from those two images.
Peg
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Thanks! I will upload the rest today. I think I figured out what the other documents are - but one has me puzzled. I'm thinking it could be the death record of either Francesco's previous wife (if they would include something like that) or someone related to Maria's mother as they have the same last name - Lacovara.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

you could have death records for previous spouses with the processetti, or death records of the parents of the spouses, if that was applicable. Sometimes the processetti have more documents than other times, so you just never know what you are going to get. I found that more recent processetti often had less supporting documents with them than earlier ones. At least this was the case in my one ancestral town of Stigliano in Matera Province