page 1 of processetti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

page 1 of processetti

Post by bkworm10 »

Here is the first page of the processetti, perhaps this will have the marriage date?

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5852/lf1r.jpg

Thanks! A
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: page 1 of processetti

Post by maestra36 »

This is the cover sheet which came with the processetti or marriage package.

Register of the marriage of widows, Francesco Laraia and maria Felicia Filippo

Number 36

Documents included number 5 (so there should have been 5 documents included in this marriage package or processetti)
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

just to review-
You have the following documents from the processetti so far:
1. birth/baptism of Maria Filippo
2. death record of Francesco Belmonte
3. death record of Isabella Lacovara
4. certificate of the following publications

was there a birth record for Francesco Laraia?
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

actually, I see that there was.

so you probably have the entire package of documents from this marriage processetti package

sometimes you get copies of the first and second marriage publication but, in this case, you only got a copy of the certificate of the following publications which is like a summary of the first and second publications. I am guessing that the other pages you didn't copy are just copies of ones you already copied or pages that go with one of the documents you already have. You may have to go to a microfilm that just has atti di matrimoni to get the actual marriage record.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

OK thanks Peg. I will order the marriage one next as I would like to have that to complete my records.

Thanks again to all of you! This has been so wonderful to obtain and translate these documents. I couldn't have done without you all!

Annette
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Annette
I was just looking through the family history library catalog and see that the town doesn't have just a matrimoni film for 1872. I need to check the province films to see if it is with those records.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Matrimoni 1872-1874 Accettura - Tursi Matrimoni 1875 Accettura - Matera FHL INTL Film 1660701

This is from the province of Matera microfilms- you see that for Matrimoni this roll of film will have records for Accettura for the years 1872 to 1874. The towns are listed in alphabetical order on this province film, so the 1872 matrimoni records for Accettura will be at the beginning of the microfilm. Then there are also matrimoni records for the town for 1875, but you will have to go past all the towns for 1874 on the film (Tursi will be the last town for the 1874 records), before you see the 1875 for Accettura
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

maestra36 wrote:Annette
I was just looking through the family history library catalog and see that the town doesn't have just a matrimoni film for 1872. I need to check the province films to see if it is with those records.
Peg
The same thing happened with the birth acts. I had to order the matera province records to get Accettura birth acts (and it usually only had 1-2 years on it).

If only Ancestry would put these records online.

Thanks, Annette
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

maestra36 wrote:Matrimoni 1872-1874 Accettura - Tursi Matrimoni 1875 Accettura - Matera FHL INTL Film 1660701

This is from the province of Matera microfilms- you see that for Matrimoni this roll of film will have records for Accettura for the years 1872 to 1874. The towns are listed in alphabetical order on this province film, so the 1872 matrimoni records for Accettura will be at the beginning of the microfilm. Then there are also matrimoni records for the town for 1875, but you will have to go past all the towns for 1874 on the film (Tursi will be the last town for the 1874 records), before you see the 1875 for Accettura
Thank you - I will order that next week when I go back to the FHC.

Annette
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

those province films are fun, aren't they? I did a lot of the 220 rolls when I was researching my ancestry from the town of Stigliano. I'm glad you are familiar with how those films are set up
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

Peg,

I have another question - the processetti I ordered was missing quite a few years (specifically 1881 and 1882, which are probably the years that my other g-g-grandparents married). They did not mention missing years on the page listing the microfilms. Do you think they are missing from City Hall in Accettura or that they were just not microfilmed. Or perhaps they are on the Matera province microfilm? Maybe I should take a look. I did write to Accettura to request the marriage record and gave them a 5-year block, but they sent back my g-g-grandfather's birth record instead. So that makes me think they are missing.

Thanks, Annette
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bkworm10 »

maestra36 wrote:those province films are fun, aren't they? I did a lot of the 220 rolls when I was researching my ancestry from the town of Stigliano. I'm glad you are familiar with how those films are set up
Yes, I am getting used to a lot and learning a lot, thanks to you and this forum. I can even take a stab at reading the birth acts now, especially if they are on the pre-printed forms (the long handwritten ones are still difficult for me).

Thanks again, Annette
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Annette
Based on my own personal experience with the Stigliano records vs. the Matera Province microfilm, I would say that, if the marriage years are missing from the Accettura film, they are probably missing from the province film as well. The reason I say this was what happened for me with death records. I had found that one direct line person died in 1811, as this information was handwritten in the body of a marriage record for one of her children. I then rented the Stigliano death records for that year and the whole year of 1811 was missing from the film. So I ordered the Matera province film, which should have had that year as well, and it was missing from that film too. I am inclined to think that you won't find the marriage record on the Matera province film either, but if you are willing to spend the money to rent that roll of film, then take a chance on it.

Peg

bkworm10 wrote:Peg,

I have another question - the processetti I ordered was missing quite a few years (specifically 1881 and 1882, which are probably the years that my other g-g-grandparents married). They did not mention missing years on the page listing the microfilms. Do you think they are missing from City Hall in Accettura or that they were just not microfilmed. Or perhaps they are on the Matera province microfilm? Maybe I should take a look. I did write to Accettura to request the marriage record and gave them a 5-year block, but they sent back my g-g-grandfather's birth record instead. So that makes me think they are missing.

Thanks, Annette