Translation needed of email from Sicilian church

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Melona75

Translation needed of email from Sicilian church

Post by Melona75 »

I need help translating an email I received from a Sicilian church volunteer. I think I've gotten the idea of the email but some of it is just lost in translation.

Gentilissima Melanie,

sono Giuseppe Caruso, un volontario della parrocchia. se vuole, potrei essere a disposizione io e aiutarla nella sua ricerca. A Contessa ci sono ancora molti Clesi ma bisogna vedere a quale famiglia Clesi lei appartiene dato che ci sono molte famiglie Clesi. Alcuni Clesi sono presenti nei registri della nostra parrocchia quindi

le informazioni che cerchi potrebbero essere nella nostra parrocchia. Se non sono da noi potrebbero essere nell'altra parrocchia di Contessa ma potrei ugualmente guardare io. Dovrebbe però indicarmi i nomi di coloro che vuole cercare e supergiù l'anno.

Per quanto riguarda le foto, io ne possiedo tante antiche già digitalizzate.

I would be grateful for any help.
Thanks,Melanie
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation needed of email from Sicilian church

Post by adelfio »

Giuesppe Caruso he's a volunteer in the Parish he says there are many Clesi's in the parish registar and something about something about old photos he says he have some. Sounds like he needs more info from you......
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

He requires names and dates to perform the research since there are many families with the surname Clesi. He also as several old photos already digitalized.
Melona75

Post by Melona75 »

Thank you for the help! I am relying on a online translator to both write my emails in Italian and to decipher my responses. So sometimes there are some translations that seem alittle off. Not to mention I'm communicating with an Arbereshe community.