Need help translating birth certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rmccray

Need help translating birth certificate

Post by rmccray »

Can anyone help? I'd like to know the mother's name and what's in the final notes. Anything else would be great and helpful also. :)

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need help translating birth certificate

Post by liviomoreno »

Antonio De Maria was born at 5:15am on March 5 1886 to Giuseppe, aged 30, trafficker and to his wife Filippa Candela, housewife, living with him.
The final, handwritten notes, state that the document was signed only by the mayor because the declarant and the witnesses are illiterate.
rmccray

Post by rmccray »

liviomoreno wrote:Antonio De Maria was born at 5:15am on March 5 1886 to Giuseppe, aged 30, trafficker and to his wife Filippa Candela, housewife, living with him.
The final, handwritten notes, state that the document was signed only by the mayor because the declarant and the witnesses are illiterate.

Trafficker?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Trafficante = Dealer
rmccray

Post by rmccray »

Whew! For I a second I was thinking trafficer as in herion or humans. 8O I'm glad trafficante is a dealer or merchant. :D That makes me feel much better!

Thanks so much for your help. I'm trying to get a scan of his sister's birth certificate to see if there's anything interesting on it.

Thanks again!
rmccray

Post by rmccray »

Ok, Here's is the other one that I mentioned before.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Sister was born 12 February 1888 at 11:10 AM
to Giuseppe DiMattia, 34, peasant farmer (contadino); and to Filippa Candela, housewife, living with him; She was given the name Maria.

T.
rmccray

Post by rmccray »

liviomoreno wrote:Antonio De Maria was born at 5:15am on March 5 1886 to Giuseppe, aged 30, trafficker and to his wife Filippa Candela, housewife, living with him.

Does the document say what child this was for Filippa? A friend said it might include that.

Thanks
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

rmccray wrote:Does the document say what child this was for Filippa? A friend said it might include that.

Thanks
No...