Need assistance with a letter from Stato Civile

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

Need assistance with a letter from Stato Civile

Post by dangli »

Hello!

I wrote to the Stato Civile in Lavello for assistance in locating information on my greatgranparents. I received a response back and I am having a bit of difficulty with the translation of it. I am worried I offended the official by sending funds attached. Can someone help me translate the response?

They write;

In uno alla presente proveddo ad inviarLE gli estratti di nascita da lei richiesti.

Le resituisco, inoltre, le due banconote da lei allegate nella richiesta, una banconota da deici euro e una banconota da cinque euro (per un totale quindici euro) poiche' da vari anni ormai, non vi sono piu' diritti da pagare per il rilascio degli estratti dai registri dello Stato Civile.

I need to follow up with them (I only received a handwritten certificate but I was looking for either a photocopy of the original record or a more complete set of information) and I hope I didn't offend them.

thanks for all those who help!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need assistance with a letter from Stato Civile

Post by liviomoreno »

Attached to this letter you will find the Estratti di Nascita richiesti.

I also return the money you included in your request , a 10 Euro's banknote and a 5 Euro's banknote, because nothing is due for Data extracted from the Stato Civile registers.

They are not offended and I believe they sent you an "Estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nascita" which contains all the information recorded in the book register, including the annotations if any.

If you had requested an "Estratto per copia integrale" maybe they would have sent a photocopy...
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dangli »

Livio,

Thank you very much for the reply! I am glad I didn't offend them as I have much more to ask of them.

Thanks again
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ufficio di Stato di Lavello

Egregi signori,
Vorrei ringraziarvi per la vostra cortesia nell'inviarmi,il estratti di nascita da lei richiesti. Ora ho un'altra richiesta da farvi e spero che sarete altrettanto premurosi nel rispondermi. Vorrei se e possibile Estratto per copia integrale ?????

Disitini saluti

I would like to thank you for your kindness in your in sending me the hand written certificate
Now I have another request to make of you and I hope you will be equally thoughful in answering me. I would like the photo copies of ???

Best regards

I use something similar form letter when I got the same responce maybe someone else can help you with the rest of it
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
dangli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dangli »

adelphio,

That's a great start...thank you for the help.

Dangli