Death Record for PunzoNH

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Death Record for PunzoNH

Post by adelfio »

This the death record for Catello Ponzo son of Mariano and Concetta Palermierio need cause of death and dates and the witnesses names and any other info Please and Thank you
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3030/ponzo.jpg
Marty A
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Death Record for PunzoNH

Post by maestra36 »

Marty
No cause of death in this record. Normally Italian death records do not give the cause of death.

Very difficult record to read, even after importing it into a photo program and trying to clean it up. Not sure about the following, but this is what I can decipher.

Dated Sept 30, 1884 at 9:15 a.m.

Informants were Raffaele Manfredonia, age 50, bracciale (farmhand) living in Castellammare and Vincenzo (can't make out his last name), age 40, a bracciale. Both were living in Castellammare. They reported that Catello Ponzo, age 18, single, had died today. He was the son of Mariano (Ponzo) a bracciale and Concetta Palermierio. Witnesses were Giovanni (not sure this is his first name) Ferrara, age 50, a bracciale, and Giovanni ?, age 40, a bracciale. Both witnesses were residents in the town.

The town official read the present act to all who intervened but only he signed below, as the others were illiterate..
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

can't make out the street where he died but it starts with the word Vico
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Catello died at 1:15am and his mother name was Concetta Palmieri. The street name could be Vico Licerta.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Thanks, Livio. I actually copied the mother's surname from Marty's post, as I thought he had the correct spelling from another record.
Peg