Need help with marriage document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with marriage document

Post by leryan »

I am having trouble with the hand written sections. I need parents and place of birth for groom. Also there is a lot of writing on the bottom section but I'm not sure if that is important. Any help much appreciated. If I need to upload better pics I can.

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Need help with marriage document

Post by maestra36 »

Hello and welcome to the forum-

the groom, Alessanrdo Michele (Aldi???), was born in Siracusa but was a resident in Castelcampagnano. His parents were deceased Domenico Aldi (sp?)and Luigia Campagnano (not deceased)

He was age 23 and a contadino (peasant/farmer)
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The bride, Mariangela Marcuccio, was 21, also a peasant/farmer and the daughter of deceased Domenico and living Orsola Del Santo. She was born in Castelcampagnano

document is dated Dec 16, 1875
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

at the bottom-

the dates of first and second marriage publications (like the banns of marriage)-were Dec 5th and 12th. Those publications and other documents (required for the marriage-like the birth acts of the prospective spouses, death records for the two fathers) were inserted into the volume of the allegati in the present register. Also presented was the consent of the mother of the bride being that the groom was of adult age.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

witnesses were:

Bertolucco Della Morte, age 65, a property owner and Matteo Della Porta, age 37, having trouble with his profession, but he did have a town position. Both were residents in the town
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

at the very bottom of the document it states that the present register (the marriage register for 1875) contains 9 acts of marriage and that, on Jan 1, 1876, at 8 a.m., the town official of Castelcampagnano closed out his register for the year 1875.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The town official read the document aloud to those who intervened and were illiterate.
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by leryan »

Thank you so much! I ordered these film rolls from the Family History Library and really had no idea I would find any information on my gg grandparents. Death certificates for both had no parents listed and I had hit a wall. Now I have a great place to start. Alex and Maria Aldi thank you!

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

You're very welcomed. Happy to have helped.

Peg