Requesting Copy of Actual Marriage Douemnt NOT Extract

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Timmwill
Rookie
Rookie

Requesting Copy of Actual Marriage Douemnt NOT Extract

Post by Timmwill »

I wrote to the Ufficio Dello Stato Civile of Ogliasto Cilento inquiring about the marriage certificate for my grandparents. What I received was an "extract" of the information. Very basic information, but a great start. I was trying to obtain a copy of the original certificate with ALL the information, etc.

What language shoud I include in my next letter to make sure I'm requesting the actual marriage certificate. What is the Italian wording I should use?

Thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Requesting Copy of Actual Marriage Douemnt NOT Extract

Post by adelfio »

Heres what I sent and it worked for me
Vorrei ringraziarvi per la vostra cortesia nell'inviarmi,il estratti di nascita da lei richiesti. Ora ho un'altra richiesta da farvi e spero che sarete altrettanto premurosi nel rispondermi. Vorrei se e possibile Estratto per copia integrale atti di Matrimoni numero #

I would like to thank you for your kindness in your in sending me the hand written certificate
Now I have another request to make of you and I hope you will be equally thoughful in answering me. I would like the photo copies of Act of marriage index number#
Marty A
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Include a photocopy of your passport and say how you are related.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Birth/marriage/death photocopies of original registry pages are called: Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte

Birth/marriage/death handwritten or computer-generated extracts are called: Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Timmwill
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Timmwill »

Thanks to everyone for your quick responses! I really appreciate your help.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Would it be good habit to include a copy of your identification regardless of the type of document that you are requesting?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

YES if you wnat a photocopy and not an extract.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Thanks! I didn't know that!