Marriage Announcement translation please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Marriage Announcement translation please

Postby bkworm10 » 26 Feb 2011, 16:41

Hi,

This is the second marriage announcement of my g-g-g-grandparents. I think I translated most of the important parts, but there are a few parts I can't translate. Here is the record:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1908/1 ... scoant.jpg

This is what I have so far:

Second Announcement dated Jan 10, 1850

Francesco Antonio Sarricchio, farmer, age 23, living and born in Accettura, San Francesco Road, son of Rocco, farmer, who is living with son and Anna DiMilta, living with son.

Teresa Valentino, age 17, dau. of Vito (I can't read what it says after Vito's name), farmer, living and born in Accettura, San Francesco Road, and Cherubina D'Alajmo. (I can't read what it says after Cherubina's name - I think she is living with her daughter, but I don't know what colla marito means).

So my questions (if I have the above correct) are, why are they all living together? If this is the second Announcement, can we take a guess as to when they actually married? What does it say after Cherubina's name and Vito's name.

Thanks so much, A.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Announcement translation please

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Feb 2011, 17:38

My understanding is that Sarricchio family and the Valentino family both lived in Strada San Francesco but in two different houses, which is normal.

After Vito's name I read "di condizione xxxxxxx"

After Cherubina's name it says "domicilaita col marito e colla figlia"="living with the husband and with the daughter"

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Feb 2011, 17:42

The actual date of the posting was 1849, December 23. Jan 10 1850 is the date when the posting was recorded in the register. The actual marriage date could be any time at the end of 1849 or January 1850...

bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bkworm10 » 26 Feb 2011, 17:46

Thanks Livio! What does di condizione mean? does it give the house number? I have another marriage of a Sarricchio (different parents) and they live on Strada San Francesco as well. So I wonder if there is a distinction between the houses. This Sarricchio family that I refer to above are listed as Don and Donna, whereas my Sarricchio's are not.

A.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Feb 2011, 17:59

I can't read the second word and therefore I don't know how to translate "di condizione": some times it is used to indicate the occupation, but in your record it also says "di professione contadino"

There is no house number...

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”