italian language books and schools

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

italian language books and schools

Postby sceaminmonkey » 27 Feb 2011, 03:51

so I know I made a similar post once but, I have started italian this semester in college and have no background in italian or spanish or any other language for that matter. I am looking for suggestions on italian language books. I am also interested in an italian language school . I am taking in college but of course I dont really get one on one attention. please feel free to post links to other threads etc.

thanks,
Dave

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: italian language books and schools

Postby johnnyonthespot » 27 Feb 2011, 04:09

Dave,

I don't have an answer for you, but I am sure it would be helpful to know where you are located. Are you in or near a major city, for example?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 27 Feb 2011, 04:13

I'm sorry! I intended to mention that of course! Luckily I live on the lower east side of manhattan NYC about a 10 minute walk from little italy!

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 28 Feb 2011, 09:32

Send me your email and I will send you a couple of pages of notes I made when I was learning which will help with pronunciation.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby JohnArmellino » 28 Feb 2011, 17:29

501 Italian Verbs
by John Colaneri PhD and Vincent Luciani PhD

A quick-reference source for language students, teachers, and translators. The 501 most commonly used Italian verbs are listed in table form, one verb per page, and conjugated in all tenses, identified by English infinitive forms. Verbs are both regular and irregular, and are presented alphabetically for easy reference.
John Armellino

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 01 Mar 2011, 22:52

Thanks !!!!!!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”