birth act of g-g-grandfather

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

birth act of g-g-grandfather

Postby bkworm10 » 02 Mar 2011, 20:29

Hi,

Below is the birth act of my g-g-grandfather Vito Sarricchio.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4447 ... ob1860.jpg

This is what I figured out so far:

Born 17 April 1860, son of Francesco, who is the son of Rocco (deceased). Francesco is 30 and a farmer living in Accettura. The mother is Teresa Valentino, his wife, age 28.

I cannot figure out the rest. I also do not know what is on the right column of the birth act? Perhaps the baptism? Also, does the fu in front of Rocco's name mean that Rocco is dead? Is there a street address?

Thanks, A.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: birth act of g-g-grandfather

Postby liviomoreno » 03 Mar 2011, 06:17

The birth date is 15 April 1860 at 7 am. There is no street name. "figlio del fu Rocco" means, as you guessed, son of the deceased Rocco.
Witnesses were Giuliano Dimarco and Luigi .....
The record was signed only by the Officer because the informant and the witnesses were illiterate.
The right column refers to the baptism that happened the same day.

bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bkworm10 » 03 Mar 2011, 16:26

Thank you very much Livio!

franinspain

Postby franinspain » 09 Mar 2011, 20:03

bkworm10 wrote:Hi,

Born 17 April 1860, son of Francesco, who is the son of Rocco (deceased). Francesco is 30 and a farmer living in Accettura. The mother is Teresa Valentino, his wife, age 28.

I cannot figure out the rest. I also do not know what is on the right column of the birth act? Perhaps the baptism? Also, does the fu in front of Rocco's name mean that Rocco is dead? Is there a street address?

Thanks, A.

franinspain

Postby franinspain » 09 Mar 2011, 20:07

franinspain wrote:
bkworm10 wrote:Hi,

Thanks, A.
hello my name is francesco sarricchio, son of deseased guisseppe and my uncle is antonio lives in nottingham and i have an auntie terressa who i think lives in germany
i am looking for family as i have no info on my italian relatives

bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bkworm10 » 09 Mar 2011, 20:17

Hi Francesco and welcome. Is your family from Accettura? Can you tell me your grandparents names and then I can determine if we are related? Do have approximate dates of birth and death? Do you have your mother's maiden name? I have a lot of information on Sarricchios from Accettura and should be able to determine if we are related, if you can send me that information.

Thanks, Annette

franinspain

Postby franinspain » 09 Mar 2011, 20:43

hi there ,,yes the family is from accettura
my mums name was christine smith
the only info i have is my farther giuseppe date of birth 23-2-40
i think he entered britain in liverpool in may 1968
my mums date of birth is 03-09-46
thats all i know

bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bkworm10 » 09 Mar 2011, 20:56

There seem to be two Sarricchio families from Accettura. I am descended from Rocco -> Francesantonio -> Vito -> and Teresa (my g-grandmother b. in 1883 in Accettura and emigrated to Philadelphia in 1896). There seems to be another line Rocco -> Giuseppe -> don't know if Rocco is the same and Giuseppe and Francesantonio are half-brothers (they have different mothers). Unfortunately, my Sarricchio line stops in the late 1800's. If someone on here can help you trace your line back further, we may be able to determine if we are related. At the very least, we need your grandfather's name and a g-grandfather's name would be even better. Maybe start a new post requesting help on finding your grandparents names? You would be amazed at what they can find on here. But I recommend starting a new post.

Annette

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”