I want to learn Italian cursive handwriting.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Blueink

I want to learn Italian cursive handwriting.

Post by Blueink »

Does anyone know where I can purchase materials to teach myself how to write the way Italians do? I have a pen pal in Italy, am learning Italian, and want to write to them using the style of writing that they do. I also want to write to an Italian distant relative to find out about my children's Italian ancestors. Their paternal grandmother is Italian.
Thanks,
Blueink 8O
kchio

Re: I want to learn Italian cursive handwriting.

Post by kchio »

Blue I dont know, but if you find out please let me know. I dont know Italian and would love to learn how to speak and write it. Would you know anyone that would be willing to teach me? Or is there an alternate method of learning the language? Like you I have distant relatives there and I am ashamed I dont know italian to be able to speak with them. I actually had to get someone to convert my letter to italian to finally have a word with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

kenny
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can start off writing italian by going to www.freetranslation.com and if you want to learn Italian enroll in a foreign language school, do your homework, subscribe to an Italian newspaper and best of all fgo to Italy and meet a nice girl!!!!!!!!!!!. Peter
kchio

Post by kchio »

My god peter I would love to go italy.

I will try your suggestions, maybe I will learn soon.

thanks for the quick response.

regards
kenny
Life is so very short. As we grow older we realize we have additional family in this beautiful world. Stand up and be counted and find your roots. You might be suprised you still have living relatives in the homeland.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The plane leaves tonight. Peter
Blueink

Post by Blueink »

Kenny and Peter,

I finally found what I was looking for. I learned that Italian handwriting uses the French Cursive method. When I looked up French Cursive, I found French handwriting books for children that teach how to write in French Cursive at http://www.wor.com, World of Reading.

As far as learning to speak Italian, I am enrolled at my local community college. But, the best way is to enroll in a language school in Italy. I recommend Cultura Italiana in Bologna (and the food is out of this world). The school finds you inexpensive housing either with a family or an independent flat. You can look up the school on Google.

Ciao!
Blueink :roll:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Blueink do not include me in this mishigosh. Io imparato parlare italiano prima che e nato lei. Peter
Blueink

Post by Blueink »

Peter,
Oops! Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. BTW, what does mishimosh mean?
Aren't you lucky to be a native speaker of Italian. I envy you!
Ciao,
Blueink
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

That is enough levity. Take a stroll down the garden path. Peter
kchio

Post by kchio »

Blue

do you know of any schools that are good? Hey maybe I can find a family willing to take me in LOL....
Life is so very short. As we grow older we realize we have additional family in this beautiful world. Stand up and be counted and find your roots. You might be suprised you still have living relatives in the homeland.
Blueink

Post by Blueink »

Kenny,

http://www.wor.com

This is a site I found that has books for teaching the French cursive method. Check it out.

Blueink
maddaliena

Post by maddaliena »

Aether
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aether »

PeterTimber.

WOW! What about schooling after elementary level? I hear the one in Perugia - Italian language for foreigners is quite good!

Sorry, but I could not resist! Human nature!

Aether :wink: :wink: :wink:
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Aether greetings!! alas I spent some wonder times in Perugia in the flower of my 18 year old youth for one year at the University of Perugia. I have wonderful memories and thank you for bringing them to mind. =Peter=