Translating Latin Baptisimal Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Kaylie
Rookie
Rookie

Translating Latin Baptisimal Record

Postby Kaylie » 11 Mar 2011, 01:36

Very recently, I was given the following link in an attempt to find baptisimal records belonging to my husband's father who was born in Prizzi, (provincia Palermo). While I could not find his record I found 2 of my father-in laws siblings. The link is:

www.familysearch.org/s...PRagg%253D

The first record is Image 150 on Page 199 (Record 172). With my limited knowledge of the Italian language I was able to translate some of the Latin
father's name Salvatore, son of Castrenze, wife's name Epifania Boccellato (do not understand the writing after the mother's name, the next thing I could understand is that the infant was named Marianna and that the godparents were Francesco Boccellato and Vincenza (could not understand the rest)

The next record is Image 209 on Page 317, Record 215 where the infant born was named Marianna Assunta. This was much more difficult to read.

I would appreciate any help you can give me in translating the above records. :)

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translating Latin Baptisimal Record

Postby liviomoreno » 11 Mar 2011, 06:24

The link is broken. Could you please tell us at least the years of the baptism?

Kaylie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Kaylie » 11 Mar 2011, 16:15

I'm sorry you could not get to the link; however, the first record was in the year 1895 (child's name was Marianna - (Record number 172 on Page 199) The second record was in 1897 (child's name was Marianna Assunta- Record 215 on Page 317). As far as we know my husband's father had only 2 sisters (Marianna and Francesca). I hope this information will help you.

Thank you once again for your help! Ciao!!

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 11 Mar 2011, 17:01

FamilySearch
* Italy, Catholic Church Records
* Palermo
* Prizzi
* San Giorgio Martire
* Battesimi 1892-1911

Image 150 Record 172 pg 199
Maria Anna daughter of Salvatore Petralia (son of the deceased Castrense) and Epifania Boccellato (daughter of Francesco), born and baptized on 6 October 1895. Godparents were Francesco Boccellato son of the deceased Vincenzo and Rosa, his daughter.
An annotation says that she married Periti(?) on Oct 25, 1930 - (Not sure about that)

Image 209 Record 215 pg 317
Maria Anna Assunta daughter of Salvatore Petralia (son of the deceased Castrense) and Epifania Boccellato (daughter of Francesco), born and baptized on 30 August 1897. Godparents Francesco and Francesa Costa children of Pasquale.

The name is Maria Anna, not Marianna

Kaylie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Kaylie » 11 Mar 2011, 20:02

Mille Grazie!

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”