How to download a record to this forum

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

How to download a record to this forum

Postby elecar » 17 Mar 2011, 13:09

I have seen messages with instructions on how to download a record (from Photobucket or other images) to this forum for interpretation.
Can someone post those instructions again?

Thank you
elecar
Rookie
Rookie

Re: How to download a record to this forum

Postby johnnyonthespot » 17 Mar 2011, 13:29

The easiest site to use, in my opinion, is http://postimage.org No sign up required, no ads, no annoying pop-ups.

Just go to http://postimage.org/ , click the Browse button to locate the file on your PC, make certain the Family Safe button is checked, and click Upload. When the process completes, scroll down to "Thumbnail for Forums (1)" and click the "copy to clipboard" button.

Now just come back here and paste the link into your message.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby elecar » 17 Mar 2011, 13:56

Carmine,
Thank you for sending this.

Am I correct in assuming I first start with my message on this forum and then go to postimage. I don't have the record on my computer but can do it off a floppy disk. Is the Family Safe button on my computer or is it on the postimage site?

Yes, I am still in the Dark Ages when it comes to computers.
elecar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby johnnyonthespot » 17 Mar 2011, 16:00

You can do the entire postimage.org process first and, yes, the "family safe" button is on the postimage.org page. They just want to if the item should be flagged as adult only.

After doing postimage and copying the link to your clipboard, come back here and start your forum post. At the appropriate point in your post, hit the Shift and Insert keys simultaneously to paste the link into your message. Alternatively, click your mouse's right button and then select Paste from the context menu which pops up.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations