ROMANO, Lorenzo Millitary re

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!

ROMANO, Lorenzo Millitary re

Postby Romano1970 » 24 Mar 2011, 21:48

Hello, I have tried on my own to see if I could get my grandfathers Millitary records from Italia. Not so much luck there.

I was informed on by one of my relatives that my grandfather Lorenzo Romano was in the Italian Millitary between the years of 1915 and 1918.

He fought in Tripoli and was released from the Millitary. Once he returned home he was notified that the Italian Millitary was going to RE Draft him. Well I dont think he liked that Idea and so he decided to come to America .

As stated above his name was Lorenzo ROMANO (my aunt said he always used his last as his first when he was in Italy) so it would have been ROMANO Lorenzo.
He was born in PIAZZA ARMERINA in 1889 February 2 at that time it was in the province of Caltanissetta, now Enna from what I understand.

What I would like to do is compose a letter to the Stato Civille asking for the records.

Any help would be appreciated.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.

Re: ROMANO, Lorenzo Millitary re

Postby Leanne82 » 31 Mar 2011, 02:59

Hi There,

I've had a quick look on the following website and there appears to be two records for Lorenzo Romano - not sure if they are your ancestors or not.

Cut and paste link into browser; ... HINT=Guest

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”