Help with birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Help with birth record

Postby leryan » 12 Apr 2011, 21:20

I am looking at birth records that have the following format. I want to make sure I am looking at the right columns for the correct information. It appears that the date of birth is located in the 3rd column and then after "presented a female" you have to jump to the 1st column to find the names for the child and parents. I'm not sure if I need any of the information in columns 2 or 4. Am I on the right track here?

http://img849.imageshack.us/i/italyexample.jpg/
Surnames: Aldi, Campagnano, De Carlo, Del Santo, Marcuccio, Tebano

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help with birth record

Postby adelfio » 13 Apr 2011, 01:40

column 2 is signed by the civil official Francisco Di Benedetto column4 is the baptism info parish date name of baby the rest you did good excellent job. You need help with the names and dates?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby leryan » 13 Apr 2011, 02:13

Thanks for the help! This is an extremely difficult film roll. Most of the entries are so blurred they are unreadable. No indexes and no title/date cards. I copied a few to study before I try to find my ancestor. I could be looking at 20 years of births or just a few years. I have the date on this one as possibly February, 9th 1852? I'm hoping that will help me narrow the field since I need a birth in August 1852. If this one is 1852 then I can copy a few months after and maybe get lucky!

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Apr 2011, 07:44

The image that you posted refers to two different birth acts.
Column 3-4 are the first page of record #86 related to a female, Lucia Caruso that was baptized the 10th of February 1852. The act was registered on Feb 9, 1852

Colun 1-2 refers to the second page of record #85 related to a Male, Antonino, born to Pasquala Di Natale, the father's name is on the previous page.
birthact.jpg
birthact.jpg (497.69 KiB) Viewed 152 times

leryan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby leryan » 13 Apr 2011, 15:52

Thanks. It appeared strange the way the records were recorded.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”