Need help with Atta descriptions of Francesca Paola's parent

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with Atta descriptions of Francesca Paola's parent

Postby tbehler » 12 Apr 2011, 23:59

Hi Everyone...

I'm trying to find out what [noble/aristocratic/possibly even royal?] family my great grandfather's parents worked for. This enlarged section of the Atta Nascite for Francesca Paola shows her father Giacomo Luca was a servant, but his place of residence ["domiciliato?i?: ?????? ossa?]" is unrecognizable to me.

And I recognize Francesca's mother's name, Rosalia Salerno, but the following words "fu? mo???? ligi????????"...[a name, perhaps?] I can't make out. If the first word really is fu or fue, then I'm really confused because Rosalia lived long enough to have several more children after Francesca Paola (including my great grandfather!); also Rosalia's parents were Calcedonio Salerno and Giuseppa Vento and those words don't look like their names.

Can anyone figure out where Giacomo and Rosalia were living and what the extra words after name mean?

Many thanks...

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7874/f ... argeda.png

P.S. The entire first page of Francesca's Atta Nascita is posted as the middle image in the top row at ImageShack, if needed.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need help with Atta descriptions of Francesca Paola's pa

Postby adelfio » 13 Apr 2011, 02:25

looks like moglie(wife) leggittima(legitimate) and the domiciliato(living at)via Silvias ?? izzo street name cannot get the other birthrecord image on image shack to see other names

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 13 Apr 2011, 03:53

Rosalia Salerno, but the following words "fu? mo???? ligi????????"...[a name, perhaps?] I can't make out.

Before "moglie" is "sua" (his) - not "fu" - she is NOT deceased...

I also cannot access the other image...

T.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Apr 2011, 07:59

Here's a full translation

...Valle di Palermo appeared Giacomo Luca
aged 29
profession Servant
domiciled in Via Schiavazza
who has presented to us a female that we have recognized with our eyes, and he declared that she
was born of Rosalia Salerno, his legitimate wife
aged 30 domiciled
in -------
and of himself (esso dichiarante)
aged ---- profession
----- domiciled
-------

tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tbehler » 14 Apr 2011, 01:12

Thank you all for responding, especially "liviomoreno"!

This information is making things ever more curious. Giacomo's residence was "??? ??? Toledo/Sant Oliva" and Rosalia's was "??? ??? Toledo/Sant Agata" in 1841, when they were married. Then, in October of 1842, when their daughter Antonina was born, Rosalia's residence still looks like Via Schiavazza, but Giacomo's residence looks totally different, sort of like "Alb???????". How curious that they are different!

Could someone take a look at Antonina's Atta di Nascite to try to figure out what Giacomo's and Rosalia's residences really are?

(Thanks again...this is so exciting!)

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6797 ... e1enla.png

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 14 Apr 2011, 07:39

I cannot decipher Giacomno's residence, I read "Albergovia", while Rosalia's residence is "ivi"="same place" (also in the previous documents it states "domiciliata ivi".

Giacomo's profession is Cocchiere=Coachman

tbehler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby tbehler » 15 Apr 2011, 04:00

Ahhh, liviomoreno...

Thank you once again for your help.

Now that you've brought it to light, "Albergovia" looks as close as anything could be. Perhaps Google can make some sense of it!

And so, back to work...

;-]

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”