Giuseppe Bua and Maria Govaianino / Jovaianni marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
defilip1
Rookie
Rookie

Giuseppe Bua and Maria Govaianino / Jovaianni marriage

Post by defilip1 »

I have been working on the following marriage document from Monreale, Sicily, [1640, eleven generations above me], for a few hours and cannot figure out portions of it. I have placed question marks where I am having the most trouble, but checking out the entire document for me would be quite helpful.

The Marriage is entry 12 in the link; it is between:

"...Giuseppe fglio di Michaeli et La q^d [=qnd& ? = quondam?]Fran.^ca Bua delli qoa / trpa / tpva (?) di Raccaglia schetto et Maria Fglia di Paulo et Hennira Jovaianni, schetta della tpra / tpva / tqpn? di S Sapiana..."

"...Giuseppe, son of Michaeli and the late (?) Francesca Bua of the (house of? village of? family of?) Raccaglia, bachelor and Maria, daughter of Paulo and Hennira Jovaianni, bachelorette of the (house of? village of? family of?) S Sapiana (St. Sapiana, St. Spriana? Capriana???)"

The part that has been driving me the most crazy is the expression just before "Raccaglia" and just bebore "S Sapiana". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Louis

https://www.familysearch.org/s/image/sh ... 8492_00636
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Giuseppe Bua and Maria Govaianino / Jovaianni marriage

Post by Incipit »

Gioseppe figlio di Michael et la quondam Francesca Bua della terra di Raccuglia schetto
et Maria figlia di Paulo et Zennira Ioraianni schetta della terra della Piana delli Greci
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
defilip1
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Giuseppe Bua and Maria Govaianino / Jovaianni marriage

Post by defilip1 »

Fantistic! Fantastico! My best guess had been "Citta' " but I was totally unsure. Thanks so much. Mille Grazia. Louis