Translation Request Death Record - Anthony De Pierro

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Request Death Record - Anthony De Pierro

Post by TriciaFierro »

This could be a shot in the dark but as previously translated for me on here, my great great great great gandfather Luigi Le Vigne was married at some point to a Carmela DiPierro. I came across this record for Antonio Di Pierro and am wanting to see if it garners any info on the De Pierro family. I'm not even sure if De Pierro was the mother of my great great great grandmother, Maria Rosa Le Vigne, since I have not obtained her birth or marriage record yet. Again, just a shot in the dark but thought it wise to check out Antonio's death record in casde if offered any clues. thank you!
- Tricia
AntonioDiPierroDeathRecord.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Request Death Record - Anthony De Pierro

Post by Tessa78 »

This looks to be the death act for a 4 year old child...

Dated 30 September 1873
Antonio DePierro died on 29 September
Father - Felanico(sp?), shoemaker
Mother - Portia Spinoso, spinner

T.
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Tricia, Its me again... You are blowing my mind away.. I also have Di Pierro in family line from Roccanova.... I have couple different variations of the name.. Di Pierro,Di Pietro...

I did have trouble viewing your image.

This is rather complicated but in a nutshell: Vincenzo Giraffi Married Angela Maimone.... Vincenzo Giraffi was actually born Vincenzo Di Pierro in 1833. I have records of him changing his name in 1851 to his fathers surname...Giraffi
The Di Pierro's are upper class citizens of roccanova in that timeline... Doctors. Just a higher end rather than peasants and farmers.. this is early 1800's
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thanks, Tessa for the translation! I was overwhelmed today as I mined through records of how many of my ancestors had 5, 6, 7 children and only 1 or 2 survived past a few yrs of age :(
On the other hand, in the case of my great great grandmother on my father's father's side, had she not survived, becuase she was 1 of 5 to survive, there would have been no great grandmother, grandfather, father or me! The history aspect and what was going on in their world's (poverty, disease) at the time is intriguing to me. And for those that survived and made an eventual immigration to the states, it's truly a testament to their fortitude. I believe that you, me and Peg had this conversation regarding the history aspect a few months back on here. Thanks for always helping me! :)
- Tricia
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Chris,
Are you on Ancestry? If so, look me up at TriciaWood603 and you can se all the Maimone info that I have thus far. You can also catch me on here or email me at triciafierro@aol.com. Let's compare notes.
As for your Italian being poor at best, then you are way ahead of me! :)
I understood most of it as a child and spoke some, but never did learn to write or read it so I can only pick out a few words. But I actually want to learn the language again so that's in my plans. Talk soon, Tricia
Tricia Fierro