Trans request - purported birth record for great-grandfather

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
tzarro

Trans request - purported birth record for great-grandfather

Post by tzarro »

Hey there!

I have a copy of a 2-page document produced in Italy in the 1940s that was purported to be a birth record for my great-grandfather.

I would use an online translator (google or something), but because of the handwriting I can't really understand enough of the spelling to do that.

I'm hoping someone that understands Italian fluently can read it and make sense of it.

Thanks in advance!
Tony
Raffaele Zarra - 1.jpeg
Raffaele Zarra - 1.jpeg (771.12 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Raffaele Zarra - 2.jpeg
Raffaele Zarra - 2.jpeg (579.22 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Trans request - purported birth record for great-grandfa

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Tony! :-)

This is the Estratto of the birth act of Raffaele Zarro

Dated 4 September 1892 @ 8:30 Am at the Town Hall, appeared Colomba Ciccone, 69, housewife, residing in Teora, to say that at 9:15 AM on the 1st of the current month, to Maria Restaino (sp?), daughter of Giovannantonio, wife of Giuseppe Nicola Zarro, son of deceased Donatangelo, landowner, together residing in this comune (town), was born a male child, which was presented to me and given the name of Raffaele.

Second page names the witnesses and states that the husband of Maria Restaino was not able to present the child himself because he was "impeded" - (couldn't be there :-) )

T.
tzarro

Post by tzarro »

That is awesome...thank you so much! Tony
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Glad to help :-D

T.