Image you tried to attach is invalid

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

Image you tried to attach is invalid

Post by JOHN08 »

I tried to attach a birth record for translation help and could not attach the file. The message I received: "The image you tried to attach is invalid."

I tried to attach a JPEG file of the birth record. Can you give me step-by-step instruction on how to attach a file.

This is what I did - I scanned the copy of the birth record and used a photo editing program to increase the contrast so that the birth record would be easier to read.

Thanks for any help.

John
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Re: Image you tried to attach is invalid

Post by TriciaFierro »

I had the same problem a few days ago so I uploaded to image shack and pasted the link on here from there. Go to imageshack.com and register for free. Then you can upload your documents and click on the direct link and paste it on here. Hope that helps! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Use a site like imageshack.com its free to join log in to imageshack upload to records to imageshack and copy the directlink with your mouse and paste with your right mouse button your directlink to your message on here it will leave a prompt on your message with a link back to you JPEG file of the birth record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Good advice Tricia

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

We replied simultaneously Marty! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

adelfio wrote:Use a site like imageshack.com its free to join log in to imageshack upload to records to imageshack and copy the directlink with your mouse and paste with your right mouse button your directlink to your message on here it will leave a prompt on your message with a link back to you JPEG file of the birth record

Marty
Even better yet for casual usage in forums like this, use http://postimage.org. No sign-up required, no log-in, no advertising of any kind, no pop-ups, etc. In short, none of the bad parts of imageshack.

Just upload an image and then click the Copy to Clipboard button alongside the "Thumbnail for Forums (1)" link.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Thanks for your help. I finally posted the image using imageshack.com.

Regards,

John