Translations of Italian documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rjrdomer
Rookie
Rookie

Translations of Italian documents

Post by rjrdomer »

I was able to pull these documents from the LDS from Santa Margherita, Sicily.

I can make out most of it but I am unclear on certain details. Would someone be able to translate these? They are the birth certificates of my g-g grandparents and then the death certificates of who I believe to be are Biagio Perricone's parents.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5143 ... ebirth.pdf

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4007 ... death1.pdf

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8186 ... death1.pdf

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6035 ... abirth.pdf
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translations of Italian documents

Post by adelfio »

First record
In the year 1880 30 August before the mayor Calogero Gianconi appeared Giuesppe Perricone age 40 woodworker? living in Santa Margherita with wife Maria Rotolo living in a house on via San Michele presented a male baby named Biaggio Perricone born on Aug 29 1880
Witnesses
Antonnio Viola 55
Leonardo Tummisello 50 both profession farmers

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rjrdomer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjrdomer »

Thank you very much for that. I was unsure of his occupation, but to me it looks like carpenter as well. I look forward to further translations from all of you great volunteers.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

2nd record is very dark it looks like 1919?? May ??
Appeared Francesco Crisfai 57 living in Santa Margherita and Pasquale ??50 declared that Giuseppe Perricone son of deceased Biagio Perricone woodworker and deceased Rosa Zunnio housewife died at the house on San Michele in Santa Margherita

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rjrdomer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjrdomer »

Marty,

I was thinking 28 May 1919 too but cannot quite tell, but I was basing it off the partial record below. What do you think? It's a little clearer there.

Also, could you figure out Giuseppe's age at death? Thanks.

Rob
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:2nd record is very dark it looks like 1919?? May ??
Appeared Francesco Crisfai 57 living in Santa Margherita and Pasquale ??50 declared that Giuseppe Perricone son of deceased Biagio Perricone woodworker and deceased Rosa Zunnio housewife died at the house on San Michele in Santa Margherita

Marty
Giuseppe Perricone died on the 26th of May 1919, he was 66 years old. The death was registered on the 27th
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

liviomoreno wrote:
adelfio wrote:2nd record is very dark it looks like 1919?? May ??

Marty
Giuseppe Perricone died on the 26th of May 1919, he was 66 years old. The death was registered on the 27th
He was widower of Maria Rotolo and husband of Margherita Cusimano(sp?)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

3rd death record is On Sept 5 1914 before Angelo Salva civil official of Sam Margherita
appeared Francesco Crisafi 53 and Arima Serraglio?? 50 both living in San Margherita in the house at via???? at the 17th hour died Maria Rotolo daughter of deceased Giuesppe Rotolo farmhand born and living in San Margherita and deceased Margherita Barbera housewife from Veduva di Ventimiglia

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

In the year 1883 April 27 th before Baldassare Mangiaracina civil official of San Margherita appeared Giovanni Cosenza 52 farmer living San Margherita has presented a female child whichwe have visually recognized and declared born of Antonia Lainarino?? wife named Maria Cosenza

Marty

Marty
rjrdomer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjrdomer »

Marty,

Thanks for your help. In regard to Maria Cusenza, I believe I pulled the record off an 1882 book. Also her mother was Antonina Lamanna. Thanks for the rest though.

In regard to the prior death certificate for Maria Rotolo, can you did her age when she died? Thank you

Rob
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

rjrdomer wrote:Marty,

Thanks for your help. In regard to Maria Cusenza, I believe I pulled the record off an 1882 book. Also her mother was Antonina Lamanna. Thanks for the rest though.

In regard to the prior death certificate for Maria Rotolo, can you did her age when she died? Thank you

Rob

Maria Rotolo was 80 years old when she died.

T.