Translating of Italian record plz

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rosebud1o10
Rookie
Rookie

Translating of Italian record plz

Postby rosebud1o10 » 17 May 2011, 18:36

Can someone help with this. I took a pic of the micro film not sure it I have the correct person. It has two parts. Not sure if the attachment will be in focus.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Rose Barone Crist
Attachments
Rose Inguagiatto birth.JPG
rose ing part 2.JPG
Inguaggiato birth .JPG
Rose Barone Crist
Barone/Inguaggiato

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translating of Italian record plz

Postby Tessa78 » 17 May 2011, 21:33

Record is dated 22 December 1893 at 11 Am

Before the official of the town appeared Francesco Xxxx? (can't read this surname :-( )
age 24, peasant farmer, residing in Valledolmo to declare that at 11 PM on the 21st of December in Valledolmo, to his wife Sebastiana Scacciaferro, 18, was born a baby girl to whom they gave the name Rosa...

BTW - I don't see an attachment...I see three images of the same record :-)

After Rosa's name are listed the witnesses to the record, and a statement by the official that he signed the record and that the others did not sign because they were unable.

T.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 18 May 2011, 07:18

Looks like Francesco Inguaggiato 24 farmer do you have the side note of the record for viewing might help

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

rosebud1o10
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rosebud1o10 » 18 May 2011, 14:58

Here is one but it is blurred. By looking at this record: Rosa birth date is different then what I have: Dec 15 1893 and her mother's name is just a little different from mine as: Salvatrice Scacciaferro, Not sure if Sebastiana is a middle name. Francisco Inguaggiato is correct by his age. Does it list any reletives names as the witness?

I think I have the correct family connection here.

thank you for your help
Attachments
102_8273.JPG
Rose Barone Crist
Barone/Inguaggiato

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 18 May 2011, 18:28

By looking at this record: Rosa birth date is different then what I have: Dec 15 1893 and her mother's name is just a little different from mine as: Salvatrice Scacciaferro,

If your information (birthdate and mother's name) is from US records (death, marriage, etc) you will find that they are not always accurate. Your information is close enough to say that this is the correct record.

The first name of mother is definitely Sebastiana in this record, and the date of birth is definitely the 21st. :-)

T.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 18 May 2011, 20:00

Witnesses look like Vincenzo Lo Tempio age 60 bricklayer and Vincenzo Gennaro age 60 bricklayer

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”