Record Translation Please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Record Translation Please

Postby TriciaFierro » 20 May 2011, 05:24

Hi!

Is someone able to translate these two records for me? Thank you! :mrgreen:

2011-05-07_13-39-06_584.jpg

2011-05-07_13-40-45_132.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti

ChrisG

Re: Record Translation Please

Postby ChrisG » 20 May 2011, 05:40

Tricia this is one record that spans 2 pages.

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 20 May 2011, 05:57

Thanks Chris! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 20 May 2011, 07:07

One birth record 1834 Dec 24 for Pasquale Salvatore Maimone mother Maria Maimone age 26 no father listed (padre incerto) I can't read the first name who presented the baby last name is Maimone age 26 farmer

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 20 May 2011, 07:28

adelfio wrote:One birth record 1834 Dec 24 for Pasquale Salvatore Maimone mother Maria Maimone age 26 no father listed (padre incerto) I can't read the first name who presented the baby last name is Maimone age 26 farmer

Marty

Eleonora Maimone, daughter of Andrea

ChrisG

Postby ChrisG » 20 May 2011, 12:32

Im pretty sure that on the second page of this record (left side) it says Elenora Maimone (sorella) sister. Can anyone else confirm that

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 20 May 2011, 12:41

ChrisG wrote:Im pretty sure that on the second page of this record (left side) it says Elenora Maimone (sorella) sister. Can anyone else confirm that

I agree

ChrisG

Postby ChrisG » 20 May 2011, 12:56

Would that mean that Elenora Maimone is sister to ............ Maria Maimone?or Pasquale Maimone

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 20 May 2011, 15:39

Thank you, Livio and Marty! :)

Chris I am thinking sister to Maria but we will wait for the experts to answer. The reason I think that is if this is my Eleanora she would have been 26 in 1834 becuase her death record of 1887 states she was 70 yrs old. It's interesting that it lists unknown father for this birth record and Eleanora's son Antonio's birth record and marriage record state father unknown as well.
Tricia Fierro

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 20 May 2011, 15:54

LOL wait, maybe not because that math doesn't add up at all! I'm still half asleep I think!

If Eleanora's age at death in 1887 is correct and she was 70 that would but her at a birth around 1817. Chris, do you have those records? I believe you said you had back to early 1800's? I only have from 18060's onward....
Tricia Fierro

ChrisG

Postby ChrisG » 21 May 2011, 00:08

Hi Tricia I just emailed you a birth record I have for a Maria Elenora Maimone.. The year is 1813. I dont have anything for her in 1817... Do you think there are 2 Elenora's out there?

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 21 May 2011, 05:15

Chris, I guess it's possible. I think it's also possible though that her age at death of 70 yrs old could be incorrect. All I know on Eleanora is that she was the mother to Antonio born in 1842 and his father was unknown. So was she born a Maimone and passed her maiden name to Antonio or had she been married to a Maimone at one time? I'm really hoping to get the Family history Center on Tuesday to try to search some more. The Roccanova records I do have some are very hard to read so maybe I will have better luck there.
Tricia Fierro

ChrisG

Postby ChrisG » 21 May 2011, 14:40

Yes I agree that could be possible.. And I know alot of these records are very hard to read.

I have found 3 children for a Elenora Maimone.. Figuring out if there are more than one Elenora. Might need some more clues.. There also could be more children (ones that I missed) I am really not sure...

I'll Email you the files.

I Have Elenora Maimone giving birth to Donato Antonio Maimone in 1840 She was 33 in 1840 , A Prospero Arcomano presented the child. (but the Math doesnt work again)to your death record..

I have Elenora Maimone Giving birth to Andrea Maimone in 1842 She was 32 in 1842.... (The math doesnt work again)

I have Elenora Maimone Giving Birth to Guiseppi Donato Maimone in 1837 She was 26 in 1837 (again The math doesnt work to your death record)
And on my side of Maimone's I have Maria Maimone Giving birth to 7 Children

Dominica Maimone 1831
Rosa Maria Maimone in 1832
Pasquale Salvatore Maimone in 1834
Nicola Maimone in 1837
Angela Maimone 1839
Guiseppe Antonio Salvatore Maimone in 1841
Guiseppe Maimone in 1844

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 22 May 2011, 20:43

Chris, Donato Antonio Maimone was the name of my great great great grandfather, son of Eleanora (with an A on her death record so maybe not the same woman on the death record or just typo). I only had records of Antonio, but when I found his manifest with his wife coming to US he is noted as Donato Antonio, and they were going to see their son Prospero in Birdsboro, PA. Prospero was my great-great grandfather and Maimones still live ion his home today in Birdsboro. So I think we have the same family here. I will check out the documents you sent me and I will send you the ship manifest of Donato as well.
Tricia Fierro

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 23 May 2011, 14:10

I just want to add, death records can be just as unreliable as census records. It would all depend on the person giving the information. I have, in some cases, been in possession of birth records then find death records. Knowing when the person was born I have found many death records to be incorrect as to age.

So, don't necessarily depend on the stated age. I could/may be wrong and just a guess on the informant's part.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”