Translation help for Atto Di Nascita

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
EdDiDo

Translation help for Atto Di Nascita

Postby EdDiDo » 21 May 2011, 21:46

There is a word (mafehio) written in the ninth line of the Atto Di Nascita from SCONTRONE that I cannot get a translation. Line eight and ninth read as, domiciliato in Scontrone La quale ci ha prescutato un mafehio secondoche abbiamo riconosciuto. I translate these two lines as follows, housed in Scontrone, which has to us presented a (?) according to that we have recongnized. The word mafehio I can not find a translation. I have tried different spellings but have not found a translation for these.

Hope someone can help

eddido

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation help for Atto Di Nascita

Postby Tessa78 » 21 May 2011, 21:59

EdDiDo wrote:There is a word (mafehio) written in the ninth line of the Atto Di Nascita from SCONTRONE that I cannot get a translation. Line eight and ninth read as, domiciliato in Scontrone La quale ci ha prescutato un mafehio secondoche abbiamo riconosciuto. I translate these two lines as follows, housed in Scontrone, which has to us presented a (?) according to that we have recongnized. The word mafehio I can not find a translation. I have tried different spellings but have not found a translation for these.

Hope someone can help

eddido

It probably reads "ha presentato un maschio/maschile secondo che abbiamo riconosciuto" - presented a male (child) that we recognize/identify

What you see as an "f" is actually the letter "s" :-)

T.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 22 May 2011, 02:05

Tessa78 wrote:
EdDiDo wrote:There is a word (mafehio) written in the ninth line of the Atto Di Nascita from SCONTRONE that I cannot get a translation. Line eight and ninth read as, domiciliato in Scontrone La quale ci ha prescutato un mafehio secondoche abbiamo riconosciuto. I translate these two lines as follows, residing in Scontrone, which has to us presented a (?) according to that we have recongnized. The word mafehio I can not find a translation. I have tried different spellings but have not found a translation for these.

Hope someone can help

eddido

It probably reads "ha presentato un maschio/maschile secondo che abbiamo riconosciuto" - presented a male (child) that we recognize/identify

What you see as an "f" is actually the letter "s" :-)

T.

EdDiDo

Postby EdDiDo » 22 May 2011, 02:41

tessa, thanks for the reply, I am sure you are right.

eddido

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”