help w/ email from distant relative

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
sunniedays

help w/ email from distant relative

Postby sunniedays » 21 Jun 2011, 14:06

hello. It's been a long process but I wrote to potential relatives and received an e-mail from a very distant relative. I understand very basically what he is saying but I would appreciate a translation of his first paragraph. The text in parentheses are my notes.

Stiamo facendo ricerche, per capire di quale famiglia era ascipione. (my great grandfather's first name was Scipione). ad ogni modo la nostra famiglia proviene da Citta di Catello unbria (Umbria?), ed originariamete (originariamente?) era 4 fratelli, che anno dato vita alla stirpe Paci di Monte San Savino.

Thanks for your help.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: help w/ email from distant relative

Postby adelfio » 21 Jun 2011, 15:21

They said that they have been researching there family history and there trying to find out were Scipione fits in. There family comes from the city of Catello,Umbria region. There where originally 4 brothers that year that started the family lineage of Paci of Monte San Savino.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”