Need help with translation if you ancestry.com world please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
djm1228
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with translation if you ancestry.com world please

Post by djm1228 »

Hi - I have a marriage publication from Ruoti, Potenza, Italy that I need some help with. It's #19 in 1877 Index of publications of marriages. It's between Rocco Felice Cantone (Cantore) and Luisa Antonia Carlucci. I tried to upload it with no success. Any relevant info would be great. Thanks, Diane
Manfredonia (Atripalda, Italy)
Valerio (Atripalda, Italy)
Fino (Foggia ?, Italy)
Nardiello (Ruoti, Italy)
Chiuchiolo(Mirabella, Italy)
Camerlingo (Mirabella, Italy)
Murano, (Buccino, Italy/ Ruoti Italy)
Carlucci/Lombardi/Angiolillo/Salinardi (Ruoti Italy)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Need help with translation if you ancestry.com world ple

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Here you go:

Click once to enlarge; click again for maximum magnification.

I wish my ancestral comunes' records were online like this... :(
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The year 1877, the 10th of June at the hour of 8 AM, in the Town Hall before me Giuesppe Angiolitto Officer of the town of Ruoti appeared Domenicio Cantore age 66 shoemaker father, resident of Ruoti,and son Roco Felice age 22 shoemaker , resident of Ruoti, son of Vincenza Famularo, farmer, resident of Ruoti.
and Giuesppe Carlucci, age 45,woodworker Resident of Ruoti, father of Luisa Antonia 20, farmer resident of Ruoti daughter of Luisa Angiolitto,resident of Ruoti.

They have requested me to make the publication of marriage in this office which they intend to celebrate, these newlyweds Roco Felice Cantore and Luisa Antonia Carlucci and they have declared that the groom was born in Ruoti the bride in Ruoti. They do not have an adoptive father or adoptive mother, there are not any impediments of relationship or affinity obstructing their marriage, nor any impediment according to the law. These declarations are verified by taking an oath in the legal form from Giuesppe Colangleo 50 farmer and Carmine Rizuto 67 farmer both residing in the town, witnesses present at the act. I examined the documents presented to me and provided my approval, inserteds in the volume of annexed records to this register, declaring that the publication will be made in Ruoti.
The parents were present and they approve of the marriage. It includes their signatures.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
djm1228
Rookie
Rookie

Post by djm1228 »

Marty, AGain, THANK YOU. My guess is that this doesn't necessarily mean that it happened becuase I can't find an Act of Marriage in either 1877 or 1878. I think you may have mentioned that if they were married in the church that they may not have been a marriage act. Thanks, Diane
Fino (Foggia ?, Italy)
Nardiello (Ruoti, Italy)
djm1228
Rookie
Rookie

Post by djm1228 »

johnnyonthespot wrote:Here you go:

Click once to enlarge; click again for maximum magnification.

I wish my ancestral comunes' records were online like this... :(
Carmine, Thank you for posting. I appreciate it. Diane
Fino (Foggia ?, Italy)
Nardiello (Ruoti, Italy)