Rocchiccioli Baptism Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MichaelSerchio
Rookie
Rookie

Rocchiccioli Baptism Record

Postby MichaelSerchio » 24 Jul 2011, 20:41

Hi,

I am looking to translate the baptism record for a distant ancestor of mine, Vincenzo Rocchiccioli who was born/baptised on 9th Februrary 1767 in Barga, Tuscany.

The record can be viewed here:
http://serchiovalley.net/image_files/BaptismRecord.jpg

I know from other records that Vincenzo's father was Giovanni Domenico, and that Giovanni Domenico's father was Andrea, and that Andrea's father was Domenico. This record seems to tie in with that information.

However, what I'm not sure about is Margherita Gonnella and Maddalena Moscardini.

My THEORY is that Maddalena Moscardini is Andrea's wife and therefore Vincenzo's paternal grandmother. Also, I think that Margherita Gonnella is Giovanni Domenico's wife and therefore Vincenzo's mother. However, I'm not sure what the mention of "Andrea" before Margherita means? I know that Andrea's mother was also called Margherita Gonnella (daughter of Bartolomeo) but if this refers to her then the record doesn't mention Vincenzo's mother at all which would be strange.

Can anyone translate the record and/or confirm my theory?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Michael

PS: I tried to upload the image as part of this message but got the following error: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Rocchiccioli Baptism Record

Postby PippoM » 29 Jul 2011, 14:35

The link doesn't work!!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

MichaelSerchio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Rocchiccioli Baptism Record

Postby MichaelSerchio » 29 Jul 2011, 14:43

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”