Need help translating letter to relative

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
krombie19
Rookie
Rookie

Need help translating letter to relative

Postby krombie19 » 25 Jul 2011, 07:12

I need help translating a letter I intend to send to a relative. We met him on our last trip to Italy and were unsure if we were related. Due to the great people of this forum, I have connected the trees and found out we are related.

If someone could help me translate, it would be greatly appreciated.

Giovanni,

My name is Brantley Carmichael. My wife and I, along with my parents, met you when we visited Montella last May. You graciously gave us two books that you wrote. You also gave us a family tree that you compiled. I have been researching her family and have connected our family trees. You are my wife's 4th cousin three times removed.

The trees connect at your great great great grandfather Angelo. Angelo had a son named Domenicio, and a daughter named Rose, as well as your great great grandfather Gaetano. My wife is a descendent of Domenicio.

My wife and I are hoping to return to Italy in a couple years. We hope to spend a few days in Montella and look forward to introducing you to her parents. We took a picture the day we met and I have included a copy of it.

I would love to ask you some questions about the family tree. I have included postage so you can write back if you wish. If you have access to the internet, my email address is nittanylions777@gmail.com.

Take Care,

Brantley Carmichael

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”