postimage problems?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

postimage problems?

Postby bkworm10 » 31 Jul 2011, 17:24

I am really having problems with postimage.org. Is anybody else? First I cannot even login anymore (of course, last time was a month ago) and had to create a new account. Second, it seems different, when looking at images (i.e. can't zoom in anymore). Third, when I clicked on my image in the preview version on this board, I could not get back to my post and so I lost my post before it even posted! Is there another imaging site I can use, that is better? I will try my post again in a few minutes.

Thanks!

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: postimage problems?

Postby johnnyonthespot » 31 Jul 2011, 17:39

You don't need to log in to postimage.org at all unless you want to be able to manage your images at a later time. Personally, I use postimage daily and have never created an account.

For an image to be zoomable, it must be at least a certain size. I have never bothered to figure out what that size is, but smaller images are handled differently than larger ones.

When clicking an image in preview mode, try right-clicking instead and select "Open in a new window"
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 31 Jul 2011, 17:41

PS: many people use imageshack.com. I don't like it; too many ads and pop up windows. :)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Postby bkworm10 » 31 Jul 2011, 17:50

I used to use imageshack and I didn't like it because I could not get closeups of the image. OK, I wonder if I just did not create an account before and that's why I couldn't login today! Also, maybe my image was big enough, and there was no reason to zoom. Thanks for your answers ...I think it was just user error on my part and not remembering what I did before. :-)

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”