Translation Request: Marriage of Dipersio/Torello

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Request: Marriage of Dipersio/Torello

Postby TriciaFierro » 11 Aug 2011, 04:12

Hello All,

I was able to find a record today that I've been searching for some time now. Are you able to translate this one for me please?

Thank you!

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7757 ... oandri.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation Request: Marriage of Dipersio/Torello

Postby adelfio » 11 Aug 2011, 16:46

Tough to read small image looks like
1882 10th of Feb Before the civil official of Villa Oliveti appeared Castilone Di Persio born in Villa Oliveti son of Carmillo di Persio and of Lauretta Maria Consante
and Rosa Torello daughter of deceased Antonio Torello and Clarinda ??Luciani all farmers

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 11 Aug 2011, 16:57

Hi Marty and TriciaFerro, :-)

Yes, I would agree the writing is very small and difficult to read...

I see PANTELEONE di Persio as the groom, of minor age, born in Villa Oliveti
Son of CAMILLO and (the mother's name is tough, I think your suggestion is good)
Bride is RITA Torello, born iin CHIETI and residing there
Daughter of DECEASED CARMINE ANTONIO and DECEASED FLAVIA CLORINDA LUCCIANI, residing during their lives in Chieti.

Looks like the banns were filed in Chieti the day before these, on 9 February.

Left column is the notation for posting in Villa Oliveti/Rosciano
12 February
19 February
23 February

T.

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 11 Aug 2011, 17:13

Thanks to you both, Marty and T! :)

Yes, it's difficult enough to read many of the documents from the reader printer at my local FHC but this particular record was completely handwritten rather than by using the form most others for that year were using. I believe they ran out of the forms and wrote the last few by hand, making them SO difficult to read!
It was Pantaleone and Rita Torello as groom and bride and I know his father's name was Camillo and her father's name was Carmine Antonio. I did not know either of their mother's names so this is a good start. Some of the other documents I need to scan will help give a more definitive answer on the mother's names hopefully.
As ALWAYS, thank you for your assistance you two! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”