Translation Req - Maria Di Persio Marriage Bann

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Req - Maria Di Persio Marriage Bann

Postby TriciaFierro » 14 Aug 2011, 18:40

This is a tough one to read. Not only is the writing tiny, but the reader printer at my FHC wouldn't copy it lighter than this :(

I can tell you it's the Marriage Bann of Maria Di Persio, daughter of Pantaleone and Rita Torello. Not sure of the dates, husband's name or his parents names. Are you able to make this one out? Thank you!

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3245 ... iageba.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation Req - Maria Di Persio Marriage Bann

Postby adelfio » 14 Aug 2011, 19:48

Looks like 1904 April 9 Roberto Mario Di Sciullo age 29 farmer son of deceased Gregorio Di Sciullo and Olympia Pignoli???

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 14 Aug 2011, 20:14

adelfio wrote:Looks like 1904 April 9 Roberto Mario Di Sciullo age 29 farmer son of deceased Gregorio Di Sciullo and Olympia Pignoli???

Marty

I would agree with Marty... :D
Except for middle name of groom...I think it's MAURO

Banns posted on 10th, 17th, and 21st of the month.

T.

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 14 Aug 2011, 20:33

Thanks to my personal dynamic duo Marty and Tessa! LOL! :)

Marty, did you ever have a chance to view the record I posted the other week that you asked to see? it was the birth records from Montecalvo Irpino that only listed the father's name on the actual record and then listed both mother and father on the index's only. I find that so odd and just wanted to see what you thought.
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 14 Aug 2011, 22:25

THat birth record with just the father on it is a Napoleonic birth act which early birth records I ve seen that way

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 15 Aug 2011, 21:52

Thanks Marty. Maybe I will run across more like that one but that's the first I've seen it. Those particular records are a nightmare to get off the films, because indexes don't match up with yrs, they are so tiny, etc. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely :)
Tricia Fierro

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”