Need help clarifying birth cert. request in Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
RussoTiesi
Rookie
Rookie

Need help clarifying birth cert. request in Italian

Postby RussoTiesi » 18 Aug 2011, 20:07

Using one of the many templates on the web, I crafted a birth certificate request in Italian for my great-grandfather's birth certificate (Leonardo Russo Tiesi, born May 1882 to Francesco Russo Tiesi and Guiseppe Pancamo). Unfortunately, my GGF's father and uncle were two brothers who married two sisters. Both my GGF and his cousin had the same name and were born only a few years apart.

To ensure that I receive the correct certificate (and not that of my GGF's cousin), I want to add a polite request to the effect of "Please note, the certificate I am requesting is not that of my great-grandfather's cousin Leonardo Russo Tiesi, born 31 December 1877 to Salvatore Russo Tiesi and Marie Pancamo in Chiusa Sclafani."

Could someone please suggest an appropriate statement? I'd appreciate any help that could be offered. (I've taken some rudimentary steps to learn Italian, but I feel the stakes are too high with this letter to come up with a statement on my own.)

Thank you in advance,

Jim
Researching following surnames: Russo Tiesi, Terranella, Randazzo, Pancamo; and the following towns: Chiusa Sclafani and Campofelice di Fitalia

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Need help clarifying birth cert. request in Italian

Postby Tessa78 » 19 Aug 2011, 23:14

If you identify the parents of your GGF (Francesco Russo Tiesi and Giuseppa Pancamo), and his exact date of birth, you should have no problem. :D
I wouldn't write about the "other" Leonardo at all... :? It just might make it confusing to the clerk about what you really want...

To what comune are you writing?

T.

RussoTiesi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RussoTiesi » 20 Aug 2011, 00:13

Thanks for your advice (and the spelling correction!).

I am writing to Chiusa Sclafani (PA), assuming everyone isn't on vacation.

Thanks again,

Jim
Researching following surnames: Russo Tiesi, Terranella, Randazzo, Pancamo; and the following towns: Chiusa Sclafani and Campofelice di Fitalia

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 20 Aug 2011, 02:20

RussoTiesi wrote:Thanks for your advice (and the spelling correction!).

I am writing to Chiusa Sclafani (PA), assuming everyone isn't on vacation.

Thanks again,

Jim

Don't assume that! :shock:

August is traditionally a time for vacation - for the month!
Many will "close up shop"...
However, you can always follow up in a couple of weeks (during September) with a quick email... to see if they received your request.
info@comune.chiusasclafani.pa.it

:-D
T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”