Need Help Reading a Marriage Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
RobertAldo

Need Help Reading a Marriage Record

Postby RobertAldo » 22 Aug 2011, 20:12

I wanted to submit the message below, but when I try to upload the jpg file I get a message that says: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

I sent a message to the administrator asking for help, but I didn't get a response. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the jpg file loaded and then answer the question below? The file is about 1.75 mb. I reduced it from 3 mb because I previously received a message that the size limit was 2 mb. Below is the message I wanted to send with the attachment:

I have attached a portion of a marriage record from 1870. The town is Torella dei Lombardi. Here is part of what I think it says in the paragraph that starts on the seventh line: Gaetano Francesco Saverio Iannacchino di anni Ventisette nato, domiciliato e residente nel Comune di ??????????????????.

Can anybody tell me what the next word is? Is it a different town name? Is it something like "different"? Is it something like "stesso" or "same"? I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance. I have gotten some really great help here in the past and I hope you can help me again. Bob.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Need Help Reading a Marriage Record

Postby Tessa78 » 22 Aug 2011, 23:41

Hi Bob,

You may have more success if you use an image-sharing site like http://postimage.org/

Just browse and choose your image, check the family safe option, then upload it...

When your images uploads copy the THUMBNAIL FOR FORUMS (1) link and paste it in your post with your question...

T.

RobertAldo

Postby RobertAldo » 23 Aug 2011, 00:04

Thanks. I tried what you said and I reposted it under a different post but with the same subject line. It seems to have worked.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 23 Aug 2011, 02:53

Great!

I'll look there!

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”