Translation marriage certificate Bertolo Della Vedova

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
audbro

Translation marriage certificate Bertolo Della Vedova

Post by audbro »

This will probably be difficult as it is a small image but I would be grateful for any translation. It is the marriage of Bertolo Della Vedova and Catterina Garbellini in Sernio, Sondrio. It is from a LDS film which is very small. Hoping for the best.
[img][img]http://s1.postimage.org/1mlxn2yv8/marr_ ... Velova.jpg[/img][/img]
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: Translation marriage certificate Bertolo Della Vedova

Post by uantiti »

Not easy. Very blurry.

Act # 1 dated 1st(?) July 1893
Looks to me Bartolomeo rather than Bortolo Della Vedova, 30 years old, born and living in Sernio, son to Domenico and the living Rosa(?)(I have no idea of her surname, if you can give me a guess then I can tell you if it's common in that area).
The bride is Catterina Garbellini, 25 (may be), farmer, daughter to Giuseppe and to th late Patroni Maddalena.
The groom signed Bartolo. Perhaps is given name was Bartolomeo but was then shortened as Bartolo.
Witnesses: Tampalini Pietro and Piuselli Pietro.

Ada
audbro

Post by audbro »

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry the image is so blurry. On my computer it is much easier to enlarge, however I do not read any Italian. Sending the image through postimage reduces it a lot, is there a way I can send it nearer to the original? Bartolomeo was probably shortened to Bartolo, on his daughter's birth certificate it looks more like Bortolo so it must have been one or the other. Could the name for his mother be Rizzi, Anna Maria?
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

audbro wrote: Could the name for his mother be Rizzi, Anna Maria?
Yes, now that you say it, I can see she's Rizzi Anna Maria.

Ada