Reading Handwriting

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

Reading Handwriting

Post by stargazer200529 »

I am having trouble reading the parents names on this birth certificate. I uploaded a section of the certificate to the website below:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/birth2.jpg/

The father's name looks like Nicola Lagalante, but there is more written after that and I can't read it. Also, further down the mother looks like Something Rosa Buono and more scribble I can't read. I would appreciate it if anyone could even give a guess as to what it might be.

Thanks for your help.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Reading Handwriting

Post by adelfio »

The father's name looks like Nicolo Lagalante,son of Giuesppe
Anna Rosa Buono daughter of Francesco if you upload the whole record I can compare letters of other words in the record to be sure.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I read:
Vito Nicola Lagalante, son of Giuseppe from Casamassima
Anna Rosa Buono daughter of Francesco, from .... (I can't read it. It would seem Montiano, but there's no commune near Bari with such a name)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

Could that M word be a name? I don't think it would make sense since 'di' is before it, but looking at the rest of the sentence, could it be?

Anna Rosa Buono di Francesco di M(?) sua mogile legittima...

I could totally be off with this. But it looks like his legitimate wife?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Anna Rosa Buono di Francesco di maestro (occupation) ( possible school teacher ) sua mogile legittima (legimate wife)
If you look at the fathers name Vito Nicola Lagalante, son of Giuseppe I think the next word is his occupation Calzolaio shoe maker

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

I was thinking that after Giuseppe it was Casamassima, the name of the town? Wow, this is so hard to read!
stargazer200529
Rookie
Rookie

Also, do you know what it says after the scribble about Anna Buono. It gives her age of 27 then there is some more scribble.

After that it looks like another age of someone, but I am not sure who they are talking about.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

stargazer200529 wrote:Also, do you know what it says after the scribble about Anna Buono. It gives her age of 27 then there is some more scribble.

After that it looks like another age of someone, but I am not sure who they are talking about.
The words after di anni 27 are
e da lui dichiarante di anni come sopra, di professione come sopra...

Giorgio Lagalante was born on the 18th of October 1848 (?) at 7am, the birth was registered on the 20th.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Thank you Livio :wink:
Marty

Marty