Translation Req-Maria Agnee Calamita Birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Req-Maria Agnee Calamita Birth

Postby TriciaFierro » 04 Sep 2011, 03:12

Please assist me in the full translation of this birth record...thank you!

Birth Record of Maria Agnese Calamita on 12 May 1821 in Montecalvo
Born to Father Vincenzo Calamita, age 26, laborer residing ?
And mother Saveria Venditto, age 24, his legitimate wife living with him but I cannot make out what is stated before her name

Witnesses: Francesco ?, age 36, property owner and Domenico D'Agostino, age 27,profession ?.

The very bottom I believe states the baptism at San Nicola but I cannot read what the paragrapgh above it reads where it mentions Vincenzo Calamita...is it that he cannot write to sign? It doesn't look familiar to me. Thank you!

Or direct link: http://postimage.org/image/26deczbwk/
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti

dragoni
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Translation Req-Maria Agnee Calamita Birth

Postby dragoni » 04 Sep 2011, 04:47

he lived on strada lomba (lomba street).

e da ...essentially means "and the" (feminine form)...

tommaso

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 04 Sep 2011, 16:31

TriciaFierro wrote:Please assist me in the full translation of this birth record...thank you!

Birth Record of Maria Agnese Calamita on 12 May 1821 in Montecalvo
Born to Father Vincenzo Calamita, age 26, laborer residing ?
And mother Saveria Venditto, age 24, his legitimate wife living with him but I cannot make out what is stated before her name

Witnesses: Francesco ?, age 36, property owner and Domenico D'Agostino, age 27,profession ?.

The very bottom I believe states the baptism at San Nicola but I cannot read what the paragrapgh above it reads where it mentions Vincenzo Calamita...is it that he cannot write to sign? It doesn't look familiar to me. Thank you!

Or direct link: http://postimage.org/image/26deczbwk/

Record is dated 21 of May 1816 at 11 AM, and the child was born on the 20th at 8 PM
Before the name of the street that Tommaso has provided it states that he lives "in questa Comune" - in this town.

Before the mother's name it states "at the house of the declarant"

I think the first witness is a shopkeeper, the second one looks like "Speziale" which is a chemist or druggist...
First witness's surname looks like SANSOSSIO - found today in Avellino.

Baptism too place on 21 May at 8 PM at Parish of San Nicola

The cross and name for father indicates that this is "sign of cross" of Vincenzo because he could not write his name. Like making an "X" :-D

T.

TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Postby TriciaFierro » 04 Sep 2011, 16:58

Thanks so much to both of you! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”