1820 Baptism

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

1820 Baptism

Postby Congemi » 07 Sep 2011, 21:16

I hope that after I upload images I need help with that no one will be left with the impression that I am a "I'll find them, you read them" type of researcher. I really do try!
The image is a baptism record for my 2nd gr grandfather the names are not a problem but the other facts are.
Again help is always greatly appreciated.
Tana

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... i1820.jpg/

Lucap
Master
Master

Re: 1820 Baptism

Postby Lucap » 07 Sep 2011, 22:30

Anno Domini millesimo octingentesimo vigesimo (1820)
Die vigesima mensis Julii
Reverendus D. Petrus Allestra Coadiutor Sacramentalis Ecclesiae Fil(?) huius
Sanctae Metropolitanae dicta Villa Falsanellis(?) baptizavit
infantem septem mensium sub conditione natum ex Michaele, et
Agata Cangemi, et De Frisco coniugibus, cui nomina Hieronimus,
Sanctus, Joseph; patrini Sanctus Marchese, et Josepha
Marchese.

L'anno del Signore 1820
il giorno 20 del mese di Luglio
Il Reverendo Don Pietro Allestra coadiutore sacramentale di questa Santa Metropolitana Chiesa Fil(?) del detto paese di Falsanelli(?), battezzò "sub conditione" un bambino di sette mesi nato dai coniugi Michele Cangemi e Agata De Frisco, cui (furono imposti) i nomi di Girolamo, Sante, Giuseppe. Padrini furono Sante Marchese e Giuseppa Marchese.

L.

Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Congemi » 08 Sep 2011, 00:49

Again, I truely appreciate your donating your time to help me work through the documents. This record may be written in 2 different languages or it's too much for the online translator.
Tana
And this is the latin translation of the Baptism record:

Yearly produce Demesne millesimo octingentesimo to become vigorous (1820Die) to become vigorous month JuliiReverendus D. Rocky Allestra Coadiutor Sacramentalis Church Fil (? huiusSanctae Metropolitanae things dictated Country house Falsanellis (? baptizavitinfantem seven month up to, under conditione by birth out of Michaele , and Agata Cangemi , and About Frisco coniugibus , in which by name Hieronimus,Sanctus Joseph ; fatherland Holy Marchese , and del Signal giorno del mese di LuglioIl Reverent Don Piety Allestra coadiutore oath di seeking St. James Metropolitana Chiesa Fil (? del detto paese di Falsanelli (? battezzò " up to, under conditione un bambino di sette mesi nato dai to hurl Nostril Cangemi out of Agata About Frisco , in which ( to rage to lay in i nomi di Girolamo , St. James Giuseppe. Padrini to rage St. James Marchese out of Giuseppa Marchese.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 08 Sep 2011, 07:56

You should forget about online translators:
The year of Lord 1820, the day 20 of the month of July, the reverend Don Pietro Allestra, sacramental coadjutor of this Sain Metroplitan Church Fil(?) of the fore said town of Falsanelli(?), baptized "sub conditione" a 7 month old child born to the married couple Michele Cangemi and Agata De Frisco, to whom were given the names Girolamo Sante Giuseppe. God parents were Sante Marchese and Giuseppa Marchese.

Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Congemi » 08 Sep 2011, 22:12

Livio,

I can’t tell you how thrilled I was that you responded with translations that made sense of both documents. If it were not for you and a number of others willing to donate your time to those of us researching our Italian heritage I really don’t know how well we would succeed in our quest.

You are probably right about the use of online translators though they are at times useful. The sites do have a caveat in that no program is perfect. I sit here at my desk surrounded by word lists, dictionaries, samples of handwriting not to mention a how to book on Italian research and still have trouble with some documents.

With heartfelt thanks,
Tana

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”