Scilingo

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
msilingo

Scilingo

Postby msilingo » 21 Sep 2011, 02:03

Last month I received a birth certificate for my husband's grandfather, Luigi Scilingo, from Malvito, Italy giving us the family link we needed. But during the search of the Malvito birth records we discovered another birth to the same parent's on the same day with the name Guiseppe Carmine Scilingo. How do I determine if this is a twin? I sent a letter to Malvito not requesting a birth certificate for Guiseppe but just a question who he is?
I received an e-mail requesting 3.60 in euro be sent to them in an envelope for the document. Does anyone know what is the easiest way to obtain the Euro or how to just ascertain how this birth is related to our grandfather?

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Scilingo

Postby adelfio » 21 Sep 2011, 03:41

Euro can be bought from most banks I just bought 20 dollar euro it cost 32.00 US in the exchange.
On the birth record there is time of birth and check for the word gemelli(twins) on the birth record
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 21 Sep 2011, 15:45

On the birth record in italian it would say on the birth act la quale mi ha dichiarato che alle ore anti meridiane (HOUR) e minuti (MINIUTE) del dì (DAY OF MONTH) del corrente mese

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

msilingo

Postby msilingo » 21 Sep 2011, 20:02

The birth record was from 1885 and only list his birth name, date of birth and parents names

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 21 Sep 2011, 21:25

Can you post it?
Sounds like it may be an extract and not the actual civil registration.

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”