Help translating please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
BMartino

Help translating please

Postby BMartino » 06 Nov 2011, 18:30

I'm not sure if I've attached this record right, I'm still learning, so if I haven't someone please tell me! :)
This is my grandfather! I am very excited about this, because up until now, none of his descendants have seen this record.
This is what I see: Casto Alfredo Martino, born 30? January 1897, son of Guiseppe Martino and Assunta Palmieri, who resided at via Maestra, Petrulo, Calvi Risorta. The time appears to be 9:15 am. There has always been some confusion as to his birth date. We always thought it was 26 January, but it will be interesting to see what you all think! The rest of the information I cannot translate at all!
Thank you!
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... ita.1897.5
Researching: Martino, Zona, Pitocchi, Pamieri in the Calvi Risorta area

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help translating please

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Nov 2011, 19:59

BMartino wrote:I'm not sure if I've attached this record right, I'm still learning, so if I haven't someone please tell me! :)
This is my grandfather! I am very excited about this, because up until now, none of his descendants have seen this record.
This is what I see: Casto Alfredo Martino YES, born 30? Born on 26th and presented on the 30th January 1897, son of Giuseppe Martino age 29, landowner (possidente) and Assunta Palmieri, his wife, landowner, living with him who resided at via Maestra child was born at this house, Petrulo, Calvi Risorta. The time appears to be 9:15 am this was the time of the presentation at the town hall "Casa Comunale" - the birth occurred at 4 AM on the 26th. There has always been some confusion as to his birth date. We always thought it was 26 January It was!, but it will be interesting to see what you all think! The rest of the information I cannot translate at all! The rest of the information identifies the witnesses to the act of presentation. They were Tiziano Maruca, 40, secretary; and Pietro Zona, 24, landowner. Then the official indicated that they signed below with him.

Thank you!
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... ita.1897.5

Hi Brenda,
Just wanted you to know that the link you have provided above to the image can only be opened by those who have a World Membership to Ancestry. :-)
Try using the image-sharing link I gave you...

T.

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”