Translating death records

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
BMartino

Translating death records

Post by BMartino »

I've been doing great translating birth records, and still learning about the marriage records, but this death record has me all confused!
I keep seeing "compars" or "comparsi" in these records, and it really has me confused. Sometimes I think it means father or parent, other times I know it doesn't. What exactly does it mean?
This death record is for Francesco Zona. I am particularly interested in his age at time of death, and of course any other important information I should know!
Thank you!
Researching: Martino, Zona, Pitocchi, Pamieri in the Calvi Risorta area
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translating death records

Post by Tessa78 »

Record is dated 11 February 1894 at 1 PM at the town hall.
Before the official appeared ("sono comparsi") Camillo Pitocchi, 59, landowner, and Pietro Monaco, 43, landowner, to declare that at 5:40 AM today at the house at via Maestra, died Francesco Zona, 82, landowner, who resided and was born in Petrulo. He was the son of deceased Casto, landowner who resided in Petrulo in his lifetime; and of deceased Maria Teresa Marchione, landowner, who also resided in Petrulo in her lifetime. He was the husband of Clementina Izzo.
Witnesses to the recording of this act were Tiziano Maruca, 27, vice secretary; and Antonio della Fave, 33, (not sure of his occupation)

Comparire - to appear

T.
BMartino

Post by BMartino »

Thank you very much!
He was much older than I thought!
Researching: Martino, Zona, Pitocchi, Pamieri in the Calvi Risorta area
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:Record is dated 11 February 1894 at 1 PM at the town hall.
Before the official appeared ("sono comparsi") Camillo Pitocchi, 59, landowner, and Pietro Monaco, 43, landowner, to declare that at 5:40 AM today at the house at via Maestra, died Francesco Zona, 82, landowner, who resided and was born in Petrulo. He was the son of deceased Casto, landowner who resided in Petrulo in his lifetime; and of deceased Maria Teresa Marchione, landowner, who also resided in Petrulo in her lifetime. He was the husband of Clementina Izzo.
Witnesses to the recording of this act were Tiziano Maruca, 27, vice secretary; and Antonio della Fave, 33, (not sure of his occupation) Salariato = wage-earner, workman

Comparire - to appear

T.