Translations for dual citizenship documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
anima87ag
Rookie
Rookie

Translations for dual citizenship documents

Postby anima87ag » 17 Nov 2011, 19:04

Hello,

Does anyone know how the translation for the Apostille birth, marriage, and death records should appear?

I know very basic Italian and figured I could perhaps do the birth and death records since they contain minimal information. Or does it have to be professional translated?

In my mind, I am assuming they accept a printed document stated the outlined information (i.e. nome padre/madre ... & comune di nascita...). I am a little lost here, please assist!

Mille Grazie,

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translations for dual citizenship documents

Postby ricbru » 17 Nov 2011, 21:07

the translation needs to be done word by word, and every single detail, everything, it has to be the italian version of that USA document. I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

anima87ag
Rookie
Rookie

Postby anima87ag » 17 Nov 2011, 21:29

So, as long as you have the identical words translated into Italian, that is acceptable on plain paper (typed)?

I keep thinking it has to fancy or something. But, if it is simply word by word and there are not many in certain documents, it should be doable.

Grazie!

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 17 Nov 2011, 21:38

yes, it has to be word by word, and of course if sometimes there is written a question on the cell item like:
"has the deceased ever been in the U.S. Army? If yes state war" (Colui che è morto ha mai fatto parte dell'esercito degli Stati Uniti d'America? Se si descrivi la guerra a cui ha partecipato),

if you can do it, it is great, but I deeply suggest you, that if you have some doubt on doing it, just get a translator and pay him/her, because when all your paperworks is done, and the guy finds mistakes on your translations you did by yourself, he is not going to accept your application, and you waste more time, after you waited forever to book an appointment at italian consulate. I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

anima87ag
Rookie
Rookie

Postby anima87ag » 17 Nov 2011, 22:08

Now, I am having second thoughts. ;) What do you mean about the cell items? Is that the actual application form or the documents translated?

Grazie. :)

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 17 Nov 2011, 22:12

As I already told you, I have did many and many translations of long form of birth, marriage and death records, and in each of "long form" civil record, there are many little cells/square stating everything and anything about the ancestors, and in each cell/square there are infos to translate, have you ever seen a US long form of civil record? ciao Riccardo

anima87ag
Rookie
Rookie

Postby anima87ag » 18 Nov 2011, 10:30

I have not seen a long form record since the records in my possession are all short certificates (a single page). Does that mean I must submit long form records? I hope not!

Also, if you happen to know any Italian Universities that offer this translation service at a reasonable rate, please inform me.

Mille grazie.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 18 Nov 2011, 13:41

yes request long forms
ciao Riccardo

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”