Need help translating a hard to read marriage record, please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
eguillorn
Rookie
Rookie

Need help translating a hard to read marriage record, please

Postby eguillorn » 01 Feb 2012, 22:42

I have a horrible copy of a marriage record that i need help with. I think this is a marriage record between Giacomo Altieri and Cecilia Ricci, 1819. If anyone can get any information off this record, (ages, birth place, parents names) it would be a big help. I'm finding it very hard to read...

Thanks!!

Liz

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8RtALCCCCcLZeerXe5KwJtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Need help translating a hard to read marriage record, pl

Postby JohnArmellino » 02 Feb 2012, 06:50

I believe it reads as follows:

N. d'ordine 10 dated 27 DEC 1819. Giacomo Maria Altieri, age 31, bracciale, son of the late Domenico (who died about 20 years earlier) and the late Maria Carmina Ricciantonio (who died 06 MAR 1813) married Cecilia Ricci, age 25, contadina, daughter of Vincenzo, age 57, bracciale, and Teresa Macerio, age 49, contadina, widow of Adamo d'Anselmo of Guglionesi (who died 11 AUG 1815). All parties lived in San Giacomo and all deaths occurred in San Giacomo.

Note: I'm not familiar with the surnames of San Giacomo and can't be sure of the surnames Ricciantonio (it seems to be written as Ricci antonio) or Macerio. Neither surname appears in San Giacomo as per the Italy World Club surname list. I may be reading them incorrectly.

Some facts about San Giacomo degli Schiavoni: The comune was settled by Slavs in the 14th century at the site of a rural chapel dedicated to San Giacomo Apostolo. The fief belonged to Termoli from the 14th century until feudalism was abolished. La chiesa di Maria Santissima del Rosario was built in the 18th century upon the ruins of an earlier church. In San Pietro, a place just outside the comune, the ruins of a Roman villa have been unearthed. Some floors, a cistern, and a furnace can still be seen. In August, the feast of “la sagra del prosciutto” takes place and everyone can freely partake. The Slavic origins of the comune can be found in the local cuisine; the "ventricina" - a piquant salami sausage - is still prepared in accordance with an old Slavic recipe.
John Armellino

eguillorn
Rookie
Rookie

Postby eguillorn » 02 Feb 2012, 09:30

Thank you so much - what a huge help!

I just have one question...is Teresa Macerio or Cecilia Ricci the widow of Adamo d'Anselmo? It reads as if Teresa is the widow, which would imply step-parentage.

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby JohnArmellino » 02 Feb 2012, 15:55

Cecilia Ricci is the widow of Adamo d'Anselmo. All of the information that follows Cecilia Ricci's name (age, profession, parentage, and prior spouse) applies to her.
John Armellino

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”