Need help translating a short message.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ddellefave

Need help translating a short message.

Postby ddellefave » 02 Feb 2012, 21:33

I've been writing back and forth to the Director of Archives for the Province of Foggia. He was able to find my grandfather's birth record and asked me if I wanted a copy. I asked him to explain how I would obtain a copy and his response follows. My Italian is not great and I was able to communicate up until this point but now I'm lost (and embarassed.) Could somebody please translate and/or explain? Thanks.

"Può inviare a questo Ufficio una busta già affrancata per la spedizione oppure dei coupon postali"

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need help translating a short message.

Postby adelfio » 02 Feb 2012, 22:12

"Può inviare a questo Ufficio una busta già affrancata per la spedizione oppure dei coupon postali"
It can be sent to this Office a stamped envelope for shipping or postal
coupons
please post the whole responce

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

ddellefave

Postby ddellefave » 02 Feb 2012, 22:51

That was his entire response. I'm very confused. Here's the link to the Archives' webpage that may help. Thank you:

http://www.archiviodistatofoggia.benicu ... ispondenza

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 03 Feb 2012, 00:55

Requests can be sent:
by e-mail to: as-fg@beniculturali.it
by regular mail to: the Director of the Archivio di Stato di Foggia-Piazza XX Settembre, n. 3-71100 Foggia (attaching the stamp for the answer)

Genealogical research. The Office does not carry out reconstructions of Pedigrees of families.
Searches for copies of matricolari sheets. In the request must be indicated the names of parents, year and place of birth. The Office issues a copy that can be withdrawn at administrative offices in Piazza XX Settembre No. 3 or mailed prior sending normal stamp of € 1,50. For each photocopy made shall be paid the following amounts:
Format
Cost in euros
A4 €. 0.08
A3 €. 0.15
direct deposit at the Office Collections officer

by bank transfer to account no. (IBAN) EN 87R 01000 03245 432 0 29 2584 03 made payable to Archivio di Stato di Foggia with causal "expenses for photoreproduction of documents"
with postal bllettino on giroaccount n. 150714 Provincial Treasury, up-to-date state of Foggia, Chapter XXIX-Cap. 2584, art. 3 with the reason "expenses for photoreproduction of documents"
Payments in currency other than Euro, Euro and prepared by countries not members of the European Monetary Union (U.M.E.), must be carried out in favour of the Bank of Italy, which uses a series of foreign correspondent banks.
You indicate below some of the correspondent banks with its bank details. In the case of:
US Dollar (Us Dollars)
Denomination: BANCA D'italia
Bank: JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York
Bank swift code (BIC code): CHASUS33
Account number: 0011520624
reason: "Head Cap. 29-2584, art. 3: expenditures for photographic reproduction of documents-Archivio di Stato di Foggia-Piazza XX Settembre n. 3-Foggia
Research accounts for the acquisition of Italian citizenship.
It is recalled that the State Archives is an archive of civil status and does not issue certifications. Requests for the release of copies of documents kept must be limited to no more than two years of investigation and must include the names of the parents and all other information of interest to facilitate the search.
The Office uses the documentation produced for military service for males born between the year 1873 and the year 1927, in the municipalities of the province of Foggia. Also uses the Registrar registers the year 1809 year 1899, for the District Court of Foggia, and from the year 1809 in 1910, for the judicial District of Lucera. In the absence of reliable data, limited to two years, only one is made with index registers.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 03 Feb 2012, 07:34

ddellefave wrote:"Può inviare a questo Ufficio una busta già affrancata per la spedizione oppure dei coupon postali"

[in order to obtain a copy of the requested document] "you may send to this office a stamped envelope or Postal Coupons"

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”